Skip to content

New member of Backroom staff?

I came across this on the club's twitter feed and it made me wonder if an announcement will be made today?

The line 'Now for some new memories' leads me to think that Bayo might be involved with the club going forwards....

Comments

• On the day Matt was announced as our new Manager the Twitter feed had a big picture of Bayo and Matt.

My guess is Bayo will be coming in as an advisor and mentor in conjunction with his other work.

That curtain in the Vere could be twitching again.

• edited March 2023

Alternatively any mention of Bayo gets social media engagement clicks that will have been missing this season.

He'd surely give Blooms advice and support if asked but probably a bit too busy to do it on a formal basis. Also if Blooms wanted a mentor he might want one that had actually been a manager before.

• Mentor for the players rather than for Matt, perhaps. As I suspect Matt was for the players as he started on the coaching/management route.

• It just seems weird that no other former player has been announced as appearing today which is another reason why I think this might be a more professional arrangement.

Also, Bayo did support a lot of the players when he was here. Do you recall the prayer on the side of the pitch at Wembley, he had almost half the squad with him (granted most of them have now moved on)

• maybe Bayo’s a new twist on cheer leaders? Heaven forbid him running on to the pitch in tight shorts, crop top and Pom poms.

• There will be a place for him in some manner if he has time and it doesn't undermine the new boss' authority.

We may see it happen, doesn't seem to have any more basis than the idea of us signing every ex player to ever near the end of their contract or Ainsworth being linked with every job that ever came up :) ...but who knows what might happen in the future

• Bayo as motivator feels like a smart move. Matty B more Dobbo than Gaz - thoughtful, analytical. His videoed talk to non playing staff yesterday was underwhelming to say the least. The passion injection Beast brings to the party has to be a massive gain. Here’s hoping 🤞

• I love Bayo as much as the next Wycombe fan, but I'm wary of trying to replicate the previous era too much. As much as Blooms is inextricably linked to the Ainsworth era, this new era needs to be his own.

• Though fwiw, I don't think that tweet is getting at anything. Just that another club legend will be in attendance today.

• those are tight shorts if you can see his pom poms

• Given it’s family day, I’d be surprised if it’s any more than him Being used as a personality to entertain the kids, if I’m honest. Going on his documentary he and his agency team seem to have plans for the future that’s, for all respect to WWFC, more than just a coach at a football club.

• Nice one. I was thinking you wave Pom poms rather than wear them. But I kept my autism in check. I’ve offended too many people over the years with my pickiness.

• It’s a joke @micra - as in “that bloke’s shorts are so tight you can see his pom-poms”