Skip to content

Exeter build up

Shrewsbury was a difficult game at the end of an emotional week. We can all put it in the rearview and move on now, hopefully. I am excited for this Exeter game - obviously more than anything for MB's first home match as manager, and a chance to get the good times rolling again.

Come on lads!

Comments

• Just don't think about how abysmal we were in the reverse fixture.

• thanks for that, I had forgotten, but now not so much.

But hey!

https://twitter.com/wwfcofficial/status/1631687984717213696

• Bloody hell. That was one of the worst performances of the season

• edited March 2023

I feel as though this is a massively crucial game, as far as a loss would produce an 'Uh-oh' feeling, whereas a win would make Shrewsbury feel like a blip, and that the good times are rolling again.

Keen analysis, I know.

• edited March 2023

Wycombe have won 6 of their last 7 home league games. They also have 5 wins in the last 6 rounds. At the same time, Exeter had been pretty mediocre in the last 5 rounds (W1 D1 L3). This is why our first Wycombe vs Exeter prediction is for another home win for the Wanderers.

Wycombe saw their 5-game winning streak coming to an end last Saturday when they lost 0-2 on their visit to Shrewsbury. This was the first game without the manager for 15 years Ainsworth at the helm and the atmosphere was visibly strange in the dugout.

• It’s pretty much what the Good Lady Teacher Her Indoors got from me. That and some waffling about the curse of the family day.

Is there a curse? I assume we’re usually shite whenever we have kids a quid or face painting and balloon animals and so on but I have no stats to draw on to support this prejudice @ReturnToSenda can you assuage my fears?

• We beat Chester City 4-2 in that free game in 2005 🤷‍♂️

• Exeter cathedral took a long time to build up

• Wasn’t that game earlier this season a real cracker when a couple of hundred children in the away end made a tremendous high pitched noise throughout? Trouble is the kids today will not be as close together physically.