Skip to content

Attendance Prediction Derby County (h) - Sat 11th Feb - Match 29

2»

Comments

• 7601, with 1784 away.

• 8000, with 1790 🐏 Rams

• 7684 including 1723 calm Ramsin peace .

• 7899 with 1768 Rams

• 7,800 with 1,800 away fans

• 7100 with 1770 Derby

• Seems half term / recession / our ‘relationship’ with todays opposition may influence todays attendance. If you haven’t predicted yet starting with a 6 might do surprisingly well!

• 7167 according to the BBC web site...

• Thanks. I will sort the table out Sunday. Celebrating tonight.

• edited February 2023

Felt busier than that. Family stand was packed.

What is our official capacity now as I didn’t see 2,000 empty spaces?

• Didn’t look packed from the other side of the pitch, loads of empty seats?

• I reckon to do this in two posts, I am not sure of the away crowd. I think I heard 1853, but I am not certain.

I also reckon to do a comment on the 'Stop the Split for Derby' thread about empty seats, in my mind the club made the right decision, even setting aside the actual behaviour of Derby fans on the day.

Top Twenty for the Derby game Total Attendance: [Actual 7167]

Many congratulations to @Glenactico - prediction of 7205 was out by only 38. The title of Forecaster of the Week belongs to @Glenactico, well judged on not an easy weekend. The next four in the list all predicted less and were within a hundred - congratulations to @bookertease, @NewburyWanderer and to @Commoner and @LDF who tied with a prediction of 7100 which was out by 67.

Everyone else was out by further and predicted more than the actual attendance. Blame my optimist first prediction, half-term and perhaps a reluctance to witness poor behaviour by a minority of Derby fans. In my opinion the game was an absolute cracker.

34 predictions for the game was a lot - welcome to @silverfox predicting for the first time - sorry you weren't closer.

On to the Accrington away game, for which it should easier to be close. That prediction thread, a Tour de Season post, the away and home crowd tables post on here (and a post on the Stop the Split thread) to follow. Our cases are packed for the North West - we are going to travel up in that direction on Monday.

There are a number of close predictions below and Season's competition is so tight around and below the playoff zone already that a number of changes is inevitable.