Skip to content

Derby County

Are Derby against the spirit of football or should

we lie down because they are founder members of the League and won the League twice under Clough

Are Derby wrong
  1. Are Derby Wrong21 votes
    1. Yes
      90.48%
    2. No
        9.52%

Comments

• You had a great night last night didn't you !

• Dave Mackay second time round, @LX1 . BBCK.

• @LX1 - Agree with you 100% about Derby. And yes we can beat them. If the Owls can win at Newcastle then we can beat Derby at our place. Some things are important to get out there, especially in the wee small hours.

• edited February 2023

Yes, I have been watching too much television - every time I turn it on Newcastle are at home. Should have checked 25,000+ at Hillsborough. Still - we can stage an equivalent.

• Thought so @railwaysteve. I remember watching the match keenly as i had a former client on the pitch, your post had me confused, but then again, that's not difficult these days! 🙄

• Afternoon all. We're at yours this weekend. what will transpire? Full(ish) ground anyway. We've sold all the tickets you sent us and I perfectly understand why we aren't getting extra like ITFC and Wendy did. I also think, based on what you told me when I asked, I am of the opinion that your club made the right choice.

We're on a roll at the moment. No League defeats in the last 15 League games. 6 straight wins and just 5 goals conceded in our last 11 games. You are also on a good run at home. I'm expecting a tight game again and wouldn't be surprised to see a low scoring draw. Hoping of course for an away win, just as you will be hoping for a home win. All good runs come to an end sooner or later... yours, ours or do we both extend the runs? I certainly won't be putting any bets on the game as I see it as too close to call.

Top 6 for you isn't impossible but 6th placed Barnsley are currently 3 points ahead with a game in hand on you. It can be done but it won't be easy. The top 5 look too far ahead IMO. We'll do our bit to help you when we visit Barnsley on the 25th. I'm flying over with my 2 lads and brother in law for that one. Birthday treat to myself..... Barnsley? Birthday treat? :) I hear you think.... ;) Don't worry, I'll only be there for a max of 6 hours and be back in Derby by 19:00

Good luck for the rest of the season... except this Saturday, naturally.

• What a refreshing change to read the thoughts of an opposition supporter who doesn’t resort to the usual cliches about us being just a physical team of cheating time wasters, especially considering the recent history between our two clubs.

• I think we've moved quite some way from that over the last 18 months. We still do it, as do a number of other teams, but we are nowhere near as bad as before.

I'd even say the times we have tried to do it more recently, we've either come unstuck or been very close to doing so.

• Our biggest issue at present is the loss of arguably the best midfielder in the League and all three of our Centre Backs are injured. We could probably cope with the loss of Anis and only one fit CB but I doubt we will have any recognised Centre Backs available on Saturday.

None the less Gareth normally comes up with a plan that works and our players are very adept at playing in odd positions or fitting in with a change in system.

• I think we'd all love to play free flowing, expansive football and win every game we play. Not many clubs can afford it. For known reasons we're limited this season and next on how much we can pay out in wages and a limit on how much we can spend on football related things. We also can't pay transfer, loan or agent's fees. That means we should make a tidy profit this season and next. Our limits this season possibly exceed your income, We all do what we can with what's available. Last weekend we had Morecambe to visit. They came with game plan, forced in no small way, to the squad they have been able to afford. They parked a fleet of buses and hoped to nick one on the break. They managed 4 shots, none on target. Not altogether a fair contest. Not sure how much they'd been able to afford on transfers if anything. Our squad had one player who'd attracted a fee. £150K and that was 10 years ago (Forsyth). However, we have been able to offer sufficient to put a reasonable squad together. A far cry from just 5 players in the first week of July. Anyway, Morecambe frustrated us for 44 minutes. A well worked free kick saw us go in 1-0 up. The 50th minute saw a 3rd go in and 5-0 at the end was rather kind to them. I'm not expecting anything like that on Saturday. You don't concede many and it will be interesting to see how we cope with your defence. I liked Mehmeti, your winger who looked a right handful. Has his departure to Bristol City affected you going forward? Obviously I hope it has :)

• Mehmeti is a big loss for us, but probably inevitable. He's far to good for League 1 and deserves his shot at a higher level, having already impressed in the Championship for us as a rookie. We have signed a lad from Wolves who seems to be highly thought of by their fans and has already made 5 Prem appearances this season. We'll see how he gets on, hopefully he'll do well.

Our biggest issue it our defensive injuries with all 3 of our Centre Backs now out injured. We do have players who can fit in, but it will leave us vulnerable against the better sides. Ainsworth will come up with a plan I'm sure, but I see Saturday as a bit of a free hit. It's difficult to see us getting anything, but that will of course suit us.

We're having another good season, but any play off hopes will rest on us getting defenders back quickly. I don't think there's too much expectation from the fans, who mostly are just enjoying the ride!

• You’ve just given away the club secrets of having defenders injured now @Wycombe85 - Gareth will be well upset 🤦🤦.

• @Raminpeace - I am expecting an absolutely barnstormer of a game on Saturday, and I should warn you that whenever I predict this, it is a dull, low scoring affair.

• @Blue_since_1990 I could be bluffing! Knowing GA, he's been keeping his cards close to his chest and we'll have Mawson, Taf and Forino all fit and ready to go on Saturday!

• Double double bluff.

• If Mawson is out, that would be a bonus for us. Good defender and a good player.

• There's no evidence at all to suggest he will be back on Saturday. I would be shocked if we're not working very hard indeed on bringing a free agent in on a short term deal.

• I think you may well be shocked then @YorkExile I really can’t see us bringing anyone in at all.

• Turns out I’m ITK (or was able to take an educated guess).