1.37%
    14. McCleary (sub)
        0.00%
    15. Thompson (sub)
        0.00%
    16. Campbell (sub)
        0.00%

Comments

• Went for Vokes, did everything but score today and did it all brilliantly. JJ a close second though.

• Wing was phenomenal. Technically outstanding and now fully Wycombe-ised winning so many second balls. Absolutely outstanding that we have a player like him at Wycombe. We have to keep hold of him.

• JJ for me.

• So many contenders here.

I went with JJ, who was incredible in his non-preferred role, and used his anticipation brilliantly to stop us getting into sticky situations.

Loved Hanlan's scrapping, barging defenders off the ball and hold-up play.

Scowen...was Scowen, 'nuff said.

Wing, doing great stuff breaking up play even though not a natural holding mid.

Thompson, great cameo and exactly what was needed at that stage of the game.

Vokes - fine focal point and unlucky not to score.

• Such a team performance, Hanlans magic from Wings magic through ball sets it all in motion, Max and them at the back still able to walk, Josh, Wheels, GMac. Curtis brilliant in his short time, Vokesy causing issues.

Possibly a bit cliche to go for Josh and possibly harsh on Wingy and others but they'll survive.

• They were all superb,

JJ & Grimmer were immense at the back & unbelievably winning loads of headers.

Obita & Wheeler were good at WB especially going forward

Scowen was his usual imperious midfield enforcer, wonderfully supported by Wing & a great cameo from Thompson

The front 3, particularly Vokes & Hanlan did everything right

Such a tough choice

Went for Wing in the end as I think it was his best game for us & he did the scrappy stuff alongside Scowen so well.

• I went Wing, but no wrong answer - superb all around.

• Is there currently a better CM pairing in L1 than Scowen and Wing?

• Disappointed in Max - no assists today.

• Nor did he appear to make any saves, had an absolute shocker 😂

• that new goalkeeping coach has a lot to work on for sure

• One of those games when you could pick anyone from about 6 or 7. Eventually picked Grimmer, who on current form might earn a new contract for next year as a CB.

• I thought Vokes was excellent up top, especially once he had an effective outlet in McLeary. I went for Scowen though. Yet again, his mopping up in and around the edge of the box makes him so critical to our bodies on the line approach to defending.

• Went with Scowen today, just seeing him get takin out about 3 times in the space of 5 mins or so and just get up and dust himself down. What a player and what a great attitude he has.

• Went with Scowen, he’s on top form. Great team performance

• The step up in quality from Freeman to Thompson once he came on was notable. Not sure if we'll start with that formation again now we have no fit CBs but, Thompson has deserves a start now.

Hopefully he's nearly back to 100% fitness.

• The fascinating thing with Scowen today was how much extra work he did when Taf went off, an astonishing ability to be in the right place at the right time all afternoon.

• Everytime Thompson steps over the line his performance is excellent. It’s absolutely crazy that he doesn’t start every game, yet somehow it also makes sense.

If we didn’t have Scowen I think he’d be the first name on the team sheet.

• As a fan. if you could design an ideal player...it would be Scowen (imho).

• I am Josh Scowen’s biggest admirer but he is so good that I now expect a 9 out of 10 performance from him every week. However, today I gave my vote to JJ, written off by some people but proved once again that playing in a 3 man defence has given him a new lease of life and the bonus of a superb penalty.

• and managed by Ainsworth...almost a dream

• Default of Scowen. Without him we don’t tick. Wing is snapping at his heals on that front though. Time and time again a challenge was made, a pass intercepted, a ball won and there he was. Scowen is the same. He’s ghost like.

• Is it just me that imagines when he stops playing, Josh Scowen will be walking down the street in casual clothes then suddenly disappear into a phone box* and come out with a light blue and dark blue quartered top and save the world?

*And I do know that doesn’t work as there are no phone boxes left but roll with it…

• Respect to th eman who left Goodison at ht to watch Wycombe demolish Port vale

• There is a destroyed phonebox on the way from Longport to Burslem on the left. You can't change clothes in a phone box since the nineties when 'closed phone boxes were obsolete

• believe me, i've tried

• Which ground is furthest from a red phone box @wwfcblue

• GA said something to the effect that he has stopped mentioning Scowen because he is so good every week. That sums him up. I am not sure I know what a bad Scowen game looks like, at this point. Every single game he gets at least a chunk of votes, and is usually somewhere in the top three.

Easily has the inside track on Player of the Season for me now.

• GA acknowledged it was a bad pitch and game for Freeman - a bobble-arena is not really in his wheelhouse. I still think we will lean on him significantly, but Curtis was definitely the right change today. He was sensational.

• I didn't see a bobble arena but good mind games from ga