Skip to content

Matt McClure

Great shame about Matt McClure being released, who knows how his Wycombe career might have developed had he not suffered so many injuries. Always seemed to happen whenever he looked like he might be going on a good run.

His two goals at Rotherham in 2012 were the catalyst to lifting us off the foot of the table and on towards safety, there was his back-heel against Rovers and the lob against Torquay at the end of last season, and his two goals against Southend before Christmas in the 4-1 victory.

All the best for the future, and many thanks Matt.

Comments

• It's a real shame for Matt. His body has just broken down too often and running a small squad doesn't allow too many chances to be taken. Been a great goalscorer for us and I hope he gets his career back on track soon. Thanks Matt

• There is no doubt about his finishing ability but could anyone blame him for having lasting mental damage from that horror injury at Hayes when on loan? Some players manage to get through the pain barrier but he just seems to go from niggle to niggle. I wonder if he will find the physical side of conference even harder. A shame, a real shame.

• We wish you all the best McClure.

• Thanks for all you have done for the club Matt, Best wishes for the future i hope you find something soon ....

• Agreed, good luck to the lad and thanks for all you've done.

• If he stays fit I think we may regret this. It is a big if though and I guess with such a small squad we simply cannot afford to carry injury prone players.

• @Glenactico, your comment "we simply cannot afford to carry injury prone players", can be misconstrued that we are still harbouring a few?

• Arrrgh got it "afford" being the operative word?

• @Ciderk1d wasn't meant to read that way.

• @Glenactico, I'm just being a d! Ck

• Holloway is injury prone too and I don't think we could afford to keep two injury prone strikers. I'd keep Holloway over McClure any day.

• Good luck in the future. Injuries just taken the toll.

• never fulfilled his potential. What worries me is that he will with another club. I think he would be a good Conference signing. Woking???

• Borehamwood with Junior?