Skip to content

Attendance Prediction Peterborough (a) - Sun 1st Jan - Match 25

2»

Comments

• 8499 with 499 Chairboys

• 8,383 including 595 Wanderers

• Sky is saying 7483.

• 842 must have known what was coming.

• What a game! - and the best Wycombe atmosphere for me since Covid started (I don't manage to get to all games).

7483 on the bbc - working on the spreadsheet and the results now - should be done later today, hopefully this morning.

• Top Twenty for the Total Attendance:

[7483 - and all 30 of us predicted more!]

Sharp thinking by @thecatwwfc, who strikes with a paw and claims Forecaster of the Week - many congratulations are due for being the closest.

Mentions and highlighting for @Shev and@BSE who were both within 200. There are number of scores on here which will register on the 'Tour de Season' table. The three current leaders were a fair bit out - our average prediction was 8160 for the total attendance and so was out by 677!

Top Twenty One for the Happy Away Crowd [ "Privileged to be there." - @railwaysteve ]

We were considerably closer with our predictions for the noisy away proportion of that total attendance of 530:

21 names in the frames, because 600 was such a popular prediction.

Congratulations to @perfidious_albion who heads up the list, just missing by four (who are all wishing they were there) and congratulations also to @a40 and again to @thecatwwfc who registered as being within 10 or less. It was mostly the posh fans that let the @thecatwwfc down from recording an almost perfect set of predictions.

Happy New Year and happy predicting for the rest of the season. Season long table outcomes probably up this evening.

• @railwaysteve Do you have the full prediction table? Both the above are the same.

• Oh dear, how rubbish was that! Here is the proper table and below it the comments that belong to it:

Congratulations again to @thecatwwfc and thanks for kindly pointing it out. I normally check a post before clicking post for obvious errors, my only excuse is that all three of us in the household have a seasonal illness - not too bad, but bad enough that I didn't look at the Gasroom yesterday.

[7483 - and all 30 of us predicted more!]

Sharp thinking by @thecatwwfc, who strikes with a paw and claims Forecaster of the Week - many congratulations are due for being the closest.

Mentions and highlighting for @Shev and@BSE who were both within 200. There are number of scores on here which will register on the 'Tour de Season' table. The three current leaders were a fair bit out - our average prediction was 8160 for the total attendance and so was out by 677!

• Thanks @railwaysteve . I'm new to the competition but I, and I'm sure everyone else that participates, fully appreciate the effort that this takes to run. Credit to you and hope you and your family get well soon.