Skip to content

Attendance Discussion - Stop the Split! - Derby (h) Sat 11th Feb

Ok - 11 'thumbs up' on a post in the Ipswich game thread for a suggestion that we suggest and debate ideas for gaining a 6000 - 7000 home attendance for Derby home game so that there is no need to throw open to Derby fans a portion of the Frank Adams / Family Stand to away supporters.

I promise to summarise the main points and ideas to forward them to the Trust for discussion with Rob and the Board but I am sure that there are many routes for those that make decisions to know about what is said on here

The gasroom is famous for drifting off topic and I love that. There probably isn't that long before the decision will be made, so I am confident we will try and leaven the humour with debate and positive ideas. We have home games against Bristol Rovers, Sheffield Weds, Oxford and Fleetwood before the game against Derby so ideas that need a try out have opportunity.

I'll kick off with a couple of ideas of my own:

Atmosphere - Have the (crowd) in FA / FS wear bibs, or hold up coloured paper like we did at Villa Park, with a slogan like "Dream's On" (which a sponsor might pay for) or "Our House". Run a competition to choose the slogan. Use the big screen to show pictures of it happening live and later.

Numbers - Contact all subscribers, season ticket holders to say what we are aiming to Stop the Split and why. Ask them to be ambassadors for the club for tickets for this game and invite people to buy extra and buy early. Involve the Trust as much as possible.

I am sure that there will be other ideas. Can I make a plea that we try and refine and improve the ideas of others rather than knock them down.

Comments