Attendance Prediction Ipswich (h) - Sat 17th Dec - Match 22

2»

Comments

• 7500 with 2500 Tractor persons

• 7,464. 2401 away.

• 7,378 with 2,888 from the flat lands.

• 7845 with 2836 driving here really really slowly

• 7850 with 2700 tractor boys & girls

• @DevC - You’re here ! Or are they all mistakenly driving towards Plymouth ?

• 7531 with 2468

• 7,602 just announced

• Out by 168 - will take that as it will improve my overall score

• So around 4700 Chairboys in the crowd. Disappointing numbers but a great result

• I was surprised to see guesses in the 8,000's because on a day like today, assuming Ipswich had about 2,500 - I'm not sure where we were getting 5,500+ home fans from.

• Apparently 2612 Ipswich

• Didn’t feel that full in places…season ticket holders staying at home perhaps?

Huge queues at the food vans and decent queues at the family stand kiosk too.

• Definitely 'Biggest Game of the Season so Far' for the crowd and a fantastic result on the pitch by a very hard working team.

Most excellent sticking with this competition by the Gasroom too - 31 predictions and the top twenty were nearly all within 3% of the actual attendance of 7602. Another very creditable performance

Total Attendance Top Twenty:

Many congratulations to @a40, closest prediction of the week and missing by only 18. Congratulations @ryan_w_kirkby2 and @micra @micrawho is maintaining an excellent turnabout in form. Also congratulations to @bookertease and myself (just) for also recording two digit scores.

There are some good results all round on that table and there will be improvements in many scores in the season long competition.

Away crowd and Home crowd tables in the morning. Sleep well tonight Gasroomers.

• Away Attendance Top Twenty:

[Actual 2612]

Congratulations to @ValleyWanderer who was closest with the forecasts of the number of our friends from the banks of the River Orwell.

Home Crowd:

[Actual calculated as 4990]

Congratulations to @Will_i_ams, @mooneyman and @DJWYC14 who all made predictions that gave the home crowd as 5000 - close, very close.

More people were close, (within 100) with the home crowd than with the total crowd.

Tour de Season updates are on their way.

• Thanks @railwaysteve, that's smashing!

• Bizarre that before the game you couldn’t buy a ticket in the family stand other than singles. Very few in the main stand either. The only area with rows of empty seats in the stadium ticketing plan was the wing of the Frank Adams near the terrace. And yet in the family stand and main stand there were loads of spaces during the game. That suggest to me that in the family stand in particular we’re selling STs to kids too cheaply.

Modern ticketing facilities normally offer a resale platform if you can’t use the ticket, allowing you to recover some of the purchase price. We arguably should have had that in place yesterday to allow some of those gaps in the family stand to be filled.

• I think the issue in the family stand would be the kids have broken up and many families would be travelling to see friends/families or have booked in other festive activities.

With Xmas Eve, Xmas Day, New Years Eve and New Year’s Day all falling at the weekend and you are working parents, this is the only free weekend to do anything.

• It was also a hell of an ask of any parent to take a child out in those temperatures for the afternoon.

• Fair point.

Although I still think that at less than 20 quid a season for a child and under 100 for a teenager we're still getting the pricing wrong.

• 8,380 with 2,625 Ipswich.