Skip to content

Away End, Home End?

Here’s a thought and apologies if it has previously been brought up.

We are going to be giving a section of the top and bottom tier to Ipswich in the Frank Adams Stand, and the club I’m told have been working with Ipswich to prioritise families in the lower tier / family stand section.

Should this works well, what would peoples view be on giving an area of the top tier and bottom tier (1 or 2 blocks worth depending on the opposition) against teams with smaller followings. This would allow the whole of the stand behind the goal with ‘better acoustics that makes more noise’ to be for Wycombe fans. You could even accommodate a block or 2 at the far side of the current away end (by the big screen) to be an extension of the family stand to replace any list family stand seats.

Would this be at least worth a trial in other peoples eyes? Wouldn’t be difficult for terrace season ticket holders to upgrade if they wanted to.

Comments

• You don't mean having a couple of blocks of 2 stands for smaller teams do you? You'd never want to split smaller followings into 2 stands, that just causes more problems than necesssary.

It should only be for big followings where one stand won't hold them all.

• No sorry, I mean let’s say a team that brings under 500 fans. Give them the far end of top and bottom of Frank Adams (like we are Ipswich), but then give the whole of the current seated away end to Wycombe fans.

• Probably doesn't make sense to do that, and the police wouldn't appreciate it either.

500 is still a reasonable amount, and more likely to give them whatever percentage of the away stand, then pack it with our fans in addition, like we've done at a couple of games.

• Why bother to move them to another stand - which would inevitably leads to some away fan complaints because they aren't situated behind the goal, but stuck in some random stand on the side.

Better to just give them a smaller allocation - what is the minimum we HAVE to allocate, I think 10% of capacity - in the existing away end and try to fill the rest with home fans.

However, the problem with this is who would WANT to sit in that stand? Not many of the existing terrace fans are going to want to move I'd suggest. Plus you then have to have extra stewards to manage the segregation for a smaller away attendance.

Not sure the suggestion makes sense. Cue club announcement for v Fleetwood on Jan 28th.

• There were a load of kids in the away end a few games back, and they made a racket to be fair to them

• It worked for that game. But putting kids a few metres away from some of the more rabid sets of away fans doesn't scream genius does it?

• Who are the "rabid" fans you are thinking of?