11. McLeary
        0.00%
    12. Hanlan
        0.00%
    13. Sub (specify)
        0.00%

Comments

• Mehmeti but Grimmer was superb too

• Has to be Mehmeti but honourable mention for Jack Grimmer who was superb.

• Mehmeti was obviously an equally worthy candidate, but I can't remember the last time I gave it to Taf, so that's where I put my vote. He was at the heart of so many great defensive moves today that I felt he earned it.

Grimmer played very well, Scowen (as usual), Mawson, Wing, Wheeler, Obita, Stryjek - long list of fine shifts put in today. The goal aside though, I didn't think McCleary was great today.

• Come on now, who didn't vote mehmessi, Specsavers now

• For me it was Josh Scowen, he was at the heart of everything we did well & to use the old cliche he covered every balde of grass...

Honourable mentions have to go to Mehmetti for the goal & assist, Grimmer for rediscovering his Championship form, Mawson, Tafs & Max for standing firm & keeping a clean sheet, Wing & Wheeler both of whom had one of their better more productive games.

Obita was good in patches but still looks suspect defensively.

Hanlan looked rusty, though put in a decent shift. I do think another start for him & he could well be back to his best.

Least said about GMac today is best as he had a howler other thnaa the goal.

• Easily Mehmeti, funnily enought though I didn't have Grimmer I 2nd place.. I had Taff, I thought was superb

• Mehmeti but if you were basing it raising your game to the occasion Grimmer.

• Anis "£7 million" Mehmeti for me

• I picked Mehmeti, who of course was terrific as well as getting both a goal and assist.

However, if not for that assist for McCleary I happily would have gone for Tafazolli, who was impeccable in winning the ball so high up the pitch on numerous occasions and nullifying so much of their threat, as well as keeping us solid from 10 or so corners.

• Yeah, I think we’re just lucky to have been spoilt for choice with contenders in today’s game, compare and contrast with the Cheltenham game…(I just have a vague recall of a quiet yet seething inner rage after that one, think I’ve managed to block the actual game from memory).

• Tafa, Mawson, Scowen and Wing in the spine are without doubt our best four available in those roles.

• I too thought Grimmer ran Mehmessi close. That fantastic pacy 50 yard run in the second half (?) was remarkable but, even more remarkable was the fact that, literally 30 seconds after that lung-busting run, he set off at pace from our defensive third again! Didn’t get as far the second time but hardly surprising.

But MOTM has to be the little virtuoso.

• And credit where credit’s due. David Wheeler was excellent today and seems to have found a role well forward that really suits him.

• Wheeler was the only name on the team sheet that when I looked at it, I thought oh poo there must be someone else available!

How wrong was I, he was superb in nearly everything he did, came close to my MOM.

• Wheeler is the consumate professional for me. Versatile, clearly a team player, plays well without an extended run in the team. Add to that his intelligent, thoughtful contributions and opinions and his place in the Close Quarters side, and he will live long and fondly in the memory.

• There was a piece in a Stoke newspaper about the 50 best players in L1 and L2 under the age of 24, in the context of who Stoke should go after. Anis came in ranked #37. Hilarious!!!

• I agree with @Erroll_Sims, I thought the work that Scowen put in today was outstanding. He broke up their play really well, tidied up the play and always gave himself as an option for most of the game.

Thats not taking away from Mehmeti or Grimmer's performances as they were also very noticeable and have earned the right to be praised.

• Just shows what a good team performance it was, that we are discussing this in the detail we are about a number of different players. Well done Blues and management team!