Skip to content

Attendance Prediction Forest Green (a) - Sat 12th Nov - Match 18

2»

Comments

• They said 2400 but apparently problems with ticket scanners today

• I have checked the BBC a hadfull of times for the attendance and looked through the FGR twitter. I will e-mail their club this morning, but probably won't hear back until Monday morning. There appears to be a lot of involvement in Rememberance Sunday in Nailsworth this morning.

Looked like 3000+ to my eyes with a very good turn out by Wycombe fans.

• I have now e-mailed FGR, I don't expect a reply until tomorrow. Maybe official figures will turn up before then.

The internet there was remarkably slow yesterday, I bought a ticket at around 2:30 and the credit card accreditation took more than a minute.

• Thanks @NewburyWanderer - I will use those figures. They must be worried about their home attendances.

• edited November 2022

Many congratulations to @a40 - Forecaster of the Week and the only person within a hundred of the correct attendance. We all overestimated the total crowd and if you consider that we almost all underestimated the numbers of those exposed on the sustainable open terrace, we were quite certain that there would be more home supporters there.

Again good work by @a40. The table shows the top twenty.

• edited November 2022

Didn't that chants used to go

2 4 6 8, Who do we appreciate?

"Wycombe"

I precursor to right side, left side

• Considering the size of the local population they must have one of the biggest pro-rata crowds anywhere.

• Way down on what they normally get though (for home fans)

Does see very odd.

• the locals didn't seem very happy with the current state of affairs down there. They were booed off the pitch at half time and deep into the 2nd half after a half decent effort was comfortably dealt with by Max, they started singing "we've had a shot, we've had a shot, we've had a shot!"

Wouldn't be surprised if there are even fewer at the next home game

• To tidy up my contribution to this thread from a results point of view - here is how close we all were when we all overestimated the home crowd which turned out to be 1897 [2468 - 571]. Collectively we are not usually that bad unless there has been a special factor of some sort at play.

And more excitingly here is the outcomes table for predicting the size of the Light and Dark Blue Army, whose mood lightened during the game.

Many congratulations to @NewburyWanderer a very creditable 8 away from an equally creditable 571 and a special mention for @Forest_Blue who despite it being very much the wrong sort of Forest was just 9 out with the away crowd prediction.

It looks like the predictions for those making the similar away trip to Cheltenham on Saturday are slightly higher. I reckon that could give some evidence that good food inside the ground is not the most important factor when choosing whether or not to go to a game. However I did come at the very foot of this particular table, in the unpublished section, so that shows what I know!

• edited November 2022

I think there might be two factors here, and at Cheltenham working against each other.

A fairly buoyant and optimistic Wycombe fan base who travel in decent numbers to the more local games and two home teams who are near the foot of the table and both on fairly poor form.

I think results is probably the biggest driver of home crowds…is that still true?

• 3,322 with 610 Chairboys.