Skip to content

Trust Meeting with Rob Couhig

Comments

• I did enjoy the irony of that being posted on the digital haven that is Twitter

• This is all so sad and an utter shambles.

• edited November 2022

And when I find out who gave me a thumbs down for joking that a game would end 0-0, I'll meet him down a darkened access road and will sort this out mano-a-mano.

• Anyone wishing the Trust had gone with Andy Harman now ??

• None of this will have come as a surprise. The squad wages were largely known and having Vokes, Horgan, Tafazoli, McCleary, Scowen, Mawson, Kaikai et al was always going to come at a cost. Which makes re-signing a bench warmer in the summer even more ridiculous.

We all laugh at Leeds and their fish tank well guys we are Wycombe Wanderers and their daytime fireworks.

What to do ? Nothing. We can procrastinate all we like. Outcome best case nothing. Worst case we alienate an overseas owner who will happily go home and put down to a moment of madness. He won’t care he’s several thousands miles away.

The signs were there when Pete was unable to join us for ‘visa reasons’.

A sad day. How sad we will find out in a couple of years I guess

• Fans won't let this drag out a couple of years. I think things could get very unpleasant indeed, judging by how Rob's conducted himself tonight and the extra ill-feeling that will have engendered.

• You can see why Mr. Kingston tried to opt out of the Trust board and onto the F.C board, he failed to garner sufficient support.

• edited November 2022

Any time an owner threatens a fanbase, it is not going to end well.

• I agree but a couple of years may be optimistic though.

• This day is always coming when you give your club away to a private owner, but I’m surprised at how quickly it’s come. Looking forward to the Trust’s write-up as well as hearing from people who were there.

• Heads of Agreements are signed already.

• How much are Bobby, Pete and Missy paying themselves ?

Everyone is presuming its mainly players wages that have caused the overspend.

• It's very sad if it does because it didn't need to be delivered like this. Too much too soon, Take it or leave it (except we have already decided anyway)

• Heads are nothing, they need our vote. Expect Hayes-like bullying and doom mongering very soon.

• You’d imagine Ainsworth will be kicking himself for not moving on whilst his stock was at an arguable all time high in summer.

• So.. did it end with a vote ? Or in all the mayhem did they all storm out and forget ?

Hope Derby fans don't get wind of this... the shit they could give us !

• I’m still quite proud that I voted no THAT NIGHT. A horrible horrible night. After a propaganda campaign that Lord Haw Haw would have found OTT it ended with a club divided and a pseudo gangster sulking around.

• If you don’t agree put your hands up in the room and lots of no on feed then clicked off for some reason.

• So to Summarise, please correct me if I’m wrong as I couldn’t log in. We are losing money hand over fist. Rob now has 90% of the club with a 50 year lease and he’s going shit or bust this season, oh and he flew off the handle during the Q and A session.

• edited November 2022

About 15 against 1 for on Zoom , numbers not allowed in , "so I think that's a positive answer from all"

People pipe up:

"I can't hear that , we are closing"

• Zoom call coming to fiery conclusion.

• Sadly they appear to have approved the proposals on a show of hands. Noone who couldn't access the meeting via Zoom is going to get a vote.

• And all ended with a load of people shouting into the void before the online feed was terminated.

That said, like it or not, a majority in favour both in the room and online.

A chastening and depressing evening.

• What’s the alternative to voting yes?

They sell their share to someone really dodgy?

The trust try and take back control, leading to certain bust/ non league football?

People need to get real

• Wow what an ending.. Not going to bother renewing my membership, the whole thing is a farce and shambles, those in charge have made there minds up before this shit show of a meeting. no point in being a member

• NO, NO, NO - the Trust need a whole of membership vote to allow this craziness! With documents sent in advance and 21 days notice.

Jeez, here we go again :(

• I’m a simple soul but from what I can read tonight it seems to be:

we’ve got no money but expecting to get in the championship even though we may have to sell players over the next six months

we’ve got no money but we’re going ahead with ground improvements and an access road very dubious whether this will add many if any to our average crowd with what’s going on on the pitch

I would’ve thought the first priority apart from essential repairs is to get a team together to try and get into the championship and stay there then you have the money to do the other nice things you want to do with the stadium

At the end of the day even Rob admits that we’re only going to increase the capacity from 9500 to 12,000.

As a league one club and Even unlikely as it now seems a championship club 9500 is probably more than adequate for a few seasons even accepting that they will be some games when you’re selling out and turning people away.

essential that we retain ownership of the stadium as this may well be going one way and we may have to form AFC Wycombe Wanderers 2024 and start again back in our roots in the Isthmian league not a nice thought

• Total waste of 2 hours!

I watched, I listened and was basically told, fait accomplie, sod off!

• edited November 2022

STAY a member - that way you DO have a vote. This is a LONG way from agreed.