Skip to content

Trust Meeting with Rob Couhig

Comments

• I'm beginning to think a cable car or funicular might be safer after a few pints...

• edited November 2022

I think Rob's dug himself a bit of a hole because he's gone all in on "we're not little Wycombe anymore" and we're here to win the league, we can win the league, we've got the best squad etc etc. Also that our finances are in excellent shape.

Until last week when he said we need to change a few things because, wait for it, we can't compete with the bigger clubs

It would be interesting to know when he pivoted

• There's a club in Germany who have an official bobsleigh department, so maybe we could build a bobsleigh run on the hill?

• @NiceCarrots The summary of the pre-takeover proposition is here:

https://wycombewandererstrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Summary-of-agreements-for-Legacy-Members-141019.pdf

But my understanding is that the Couhigs changed the deal mid-flight and without Trust members being advised - e.g. in respect of the credit that the Trust would get for the rent holiday. The changes may have been a fair response to the due diligence, but it certainly left a sour taste in this customer's mouth.

• I think the deal was changed on the Tuesday without members notified. No wonder members couldn’t read it without supervision by Trust board directors. The fact that none of us actually know the details of the deal tells you everything you need to know about the lack of transparency. Why was there no copy of the training ground deal to be found anywhere at the club? Transparency is the best disinfectant.

• Return of the chairlift to the agenda has added some welcome ‘levity’ to the debate.

Some great ideas in the room and of course as in any brainstorm there are no wrong answers!

I am picturing the board room with yellow post it notes plastering the walls with loads of great thoughts:

” how about chips as a food offering?”

”maybe kids come free days? That always guarantees a result”

”what about a match day programme with lots of colour pics of the players, I know we could call it The Quarters - get it?!”

”let’s use our best in the league sound system to pipe the roar of the terrace into the Frank Adams - that’ll wake the old codgers up”

“that reminds me, those empty seats in the Frank Adams, we need a break out session to hot house that one”

”maybe re show the daytime fireworks display on our amazing huge screen at half time?”

”no, wait, show the pyro every time the ball goes out of play!”

”or instruct the team to kick the ball out of the facility so we can show the display in full!!”

” perhaps we could offer a selection of real ales at a separate serving point in the bar”

”yes, and to make service quicker, there is this app thing called Fetch I think?”

”yep they are world class we should def use them”

And so on………..

My own contribution, bringing together many of the transportation concepts in order to enhance the entertainment value priority, would be to take the chairlift idea - not down Hillbottom Rd but up over the car park and woods to the A40 where a free bus awaits. It would be priced competitively at £20 each way - you won’t find a cheaper chairlift anywhere in the EFL. Then close the car park (no more 45 minute departure times upsetting fans) and make it a dry ski slope so the lift pays its way on none match days. Add the bmx track idea but call it ‘The Dash-Wood’. Sir Edward would love that, ‘Mr Dashwood’ might as well whom ever he is.

All this to make AP a world wide entertainment attraction beyond the silky footie already on offer.

Maybe.

• Reminds me of the ski centre, not sure it's still there. I heard that they bought a massive new chalet style building but didn't moor it properly and it slid down the hill, was referred to as Wycombe plummet rather than Wycombe Summit for a while.

• Has anyone received details of the Zoom call for the meeting?

• Nothing that I can find on Trust website, if someone does found to could you please post the link on here.

One of the most important night's in the club's history.

• I have it, but the Trust asked not to share online.

I’ll see if I can PM it to you.

• The Zoom meeting is for Trust members who should all have received an email containing the link.

The link shouldn't be shared with non-trust members.

• Thanks Lloyd2084

• The Zoom link is on the end of the announcement email sent Nov 3rd

• The Trust have had some issues with emails not being received, particularly with btinternet accounts.

I am one of those, so did not receive the email.

• Did we ever get a payout from Derby County?

• Also, if Rob plans to spend money on the ground via the football club as he as said, why would he do this if he doesn’t own it?

Is there a model whereby that money would be spent on the ground without him owning it?

• Its not rare for a tenant to fund improvements to a site owned by a landlord especially if he has a long lease (or in our case at least de facto a long lease). If it is a straight repair, the tenant is probably obliged to. All depends on the exact wording of the lease.

• Yes good point @DevC so the lease term is the key.

• Well wording of the lease is what really counts but the longer the lease more likely it is for tenant to pay.

In this case of course, tenant is owned 75% by one party (couhig) and 25% by another (trust). If the tenant needs to fund significant expenditure that cannot be raised by either regular operations or borrowing, would normally expect owners to contribute proportionately or if only one funds, the other to be diluted.

If discretionary and one wants to spend money and the other not, what happens next would depend on their shareholders agreement.

• Me neither. Too late to do much about it now I suppose.

• I’ve PM’d you @HomerLone

• I know other people who haven’t received any notification whatsoever, disappointing. There seems to be no reminders on social media either, we’ve been here before. There is nothing so chilling as hearing the Trust have reached yet another agreement without feeling the need for sharing with t members and I don’t think that tonight will disappoint. On the upside, The Couhigs are not wanted by Interpol so that represents progress

• Hopefully someone will raise this at the start of the meeting.

• James- it's been on Trust website since 3rd November as well as our Twitter and Facebook output.

• edited November 2022

i also did not receive the email, I have a BT account. I emailed the trust and received an immediate reply with the details and a zoom link. Excellent response from the trust.