Skip to content

Where’s the money gone

2»

Comments

• edited November 2022

Whilst I understand that the monthly season ticket option would make things a bit tight for May-Sept maybe, right now the club are getting season ticket payments as well as general match income, so you would have thought cash flow would be fairly good.

if they are struggling, 4 weeks without a home game after Saturday won’t help at all.

• Reading through this, it does make me worried over what could potentially be happening at the club. The last time I recall Pete talking to the fans was the news on an access road??

This is bringing back Steve Hayes flash backs when his plan of expanding the ground or building a new one fell apart. I just hope that this isn't going to happen again

• The Trust AGM is on the 17th - perhaps some searching questions will get posed then.

• 'The first question we've had in via text is from a Brett Anderson. Brett asks "Where's all the money gone?, I'm talking to you" '

• Which is why I don't understand how we managed to make the actual display look cheap ...

• I think they tend to look better when it's not broad daylight

• Apologies to anyone who didn't get my earlier reference. I have a lot of love for Suede right now, their new album is fantastic. But that's for another thread on another day. Sorry for being so lazy.

• Have to feel for the Couhigs - damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Rob gets slagged off by a vocal minority whenever he communicates to the fanbase because of his optimism, but also gets slagged off when the quantity of communication diminishes.

Pete put job/club before his family for over a year & gets slammed when he chooses to go back home for an extended period despite the club having clearly capable people to deputise for him on a day to day basis.

My worry is we seem to be relying too heavily on WWTV & @bluntphil to communicate to the fanbase these days; Matt Cecil has been remarkably quiet recently yet he is supposed to be the head of media & PR.

I suspect there are no money troubles, I am aware of a number of issues in the electronic banking system over September & October that impacted transfers & payments & presume that this is the source of the "non-payment" rumours.

Let's see what gets asked & said at the Trust AGM in a couple of weeks.

• Agreed.

These days it must be the pits to be club owners, with the online criticism.

However, out of interest what are you basing the "clearly capable" comment on?

I'm not sure we know who is doing what Pete did, let alone how well they're doing it?

• edited November 2022

Phil Alexander was appointed as a consultant to support Pete & Rob

https://www.wwfc.com/news/2022/july/19/phil-alexander-appointed/

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/statement/phil-alexander-takes-on-a-new-role-as-a-palace-consultant/2022-05-10/

Plus I believe Andrew Howard is still around, who was instrumental in contract negotiations over th elast few years

• I can't remember seeing or hearing anything from either of these two in recent memory?

Whereas Pete was the absolute opposite, right in the thick of everything making a big noise.

Just a huge contrast is all.

• Strange how the world works sometimes, just received an email today advising a meeting between Rob & the Trust membership on 9th November to discuss proposals for how the club will be funded going forward

• Beat me to it! Here is the full email for anyone not on the Trust:

Wycombe Wanderers Supporters Group Limited (operating as Wycombe Wanderers Trust) have reached an agreement with Rob Couhig, chairman and chief executive of Wycombe Wanderers Football Club and principal owner of Feliciana EFL Ltd, which the two parties believe is the next logical step to enable a series of exciting developments for the football club.

Rob Couhig and his senior leadership team remain fully committed to fulfilling the club’s ambitions of achieving Championship football, financial sustainability and improved facilities at both its Adams Park home and Marlow Road training base.

Underpinning these plans is the need to continuously improve revenue streams into the club through a wide-ranging series of developments, including the enhanced access to and from the stadium via a new road from the upper car park, which will in turn enable the club to increase the capacity of the stadium. Works are planned to redevelop the home terrace and north (Origin) stand (including new hospitality areas), improve facilities for disabled supporters, renovate the public toilets and kiosks and construct enhanced car parking facilities. These will also facilitate any potential increase in capacity.

In order to be able to finance these projects, we are proposing to amend the operating model between the Club and the Trust. Both the football Club and Trust recognise that competing on the pitch within the constraints of its current model, against clubs whose attendances and revenue streams are four or five times that of Wycombe’s, would produce a continual need for cash calls from the Trust, in turn draining the Trust of its financial resources.

In order to fully explain the details of this, Rob Couhig and the Trust will be holding a meeting for Trust members on November 9th in the Caledonian suite, starting at 7pm. The proposals detailed in that meeting will be put to a members vote at the end of the meeting, to ensure that we have your backing for the future plans. 

This new model will allow the club to continue to make the necessary improvements to enhance its revenue streams and build on the fantastic progress that has been made with its commercial, media, ticketing and retail projects in recent times, as well as boosting the team’s chances of returning to the Championship, and further strengthening its excellent development squad programme for young players. It will also make it possible to further develop the stadium into one fit for the Championship.

Wycombe Wanderers Football Club and Wycombe Wanderers Trust share the view that the best days for the club, on and off the pitch, are ahead of us, and thank its supporters – particularly members of the Trust – for their sustained support and dedication to the club.

All Trust members are invited to attend the meeting but you will also be able to take part via Zoom. The meeting will start at 7pm and will include a Q&A session to answer any queries members may have.

• What do we think? End of Trust ownership of the quarter?

• Let us hope ALL Trust members join in with this as it is about the long term future of the club

• Phil Alexander was at the match on Saturday, recognised him even with added years and no Gridiron helmet.

• That must be it. I’m encouraged by the mention of AP, although I wonder how it’s ownership plays into all of this.

I’m sure the membership will vote away their rights, as they have so often in the last twenty years.

• At least we now have an answer on the eerie silence from RC of late. Too busy working on these proposals I'd say ...

• Very likely, you don't put these together in minutes and he'll have been working on them a while or wouldn't have bothered with the surveys and approaches to the Dashwoods, not that forward planning is a negative. Phil being the face and voice of the club is his gig and no complaints there either so no real surprise not to have heard much from Matt.

I can only hope there have been real negotiations with the trust and it's a positive proposal. I'd like some of the board to at least confirm that it's not just a rubber stamp of a proposal received a few days back but no surprise if everyone has been told to hush a few days until the boss man speaks.

• We (Trust members) can always reject the proposal, or ask for a deferral to allow proper due diligence & consideration.

I for one do not want to see any further dilution of the Trusts holding in the Football Club or removal of legacy conditions.

It is too easy in these situations for owners & the Trust board to assume that they know beter than or have better ideas etc. than some, most or even all of the supporters. Many of us have huge experience in relevant fields & deserve to be heard about the future of our club as much as the owners & board do.

• Not certain how we cannot see any further dilution of the Trust holding because the Trust cannot afford their share of the money needed to take the club forward. I suspect the Trust board have already approved the changes before advising the membership. This is inevitable step forward.

• It’s an inevitable step, whether it’s forwards or not remains to be seen.