15. Horgan (sub)
        0.00%
    16. Wheeler (sub)
        0.00%
    17. Kaikai (sub)
        0.00%

Comments

• Very difficult. Wing perhaps?

• Yes, I went with Wing. I thought he showed some intent and passing range.

• Did not see / Abstain making a determined run but likely to be too little too late

• Definitely Wing. If things had gone slightly differently it would have been four goal Sam Vokes.

• edited October 2022

He finally did something in keeping with the reputation he had (when he joined us) for fierce shooting from outside the box.

• Wing. He had by far his best game this season and probably longer.

Big Max also did the business and can’t be blamed for any of their goals.

A night to forget for the defenders, in particular Obita who struggled at both ends of the pitch.

• Wing edging out Stryjek for me, as Stryjek was arguably at fault for unnecessarily kicking the ball out of play which led to the opener. He’s a bloody fantastic shot stopper.

• Wing. Easy choice.

• Best I've seen Wing play for us.

A few were really off form tonight though - Obita & McCleary in particular.

• Easily Wing tonight, Max a distant 2nd, tbh I'm not sure anyone else deserves a vote

• I thought Max might have done better with the first goal. It isn’t in the corner. Overall his shot stopping has been superb but that one was a little bit soft.

• I'd like to give the ref something, @Shrev, but it's more likely to be a hot poker up his a**e than a vote for MOTM.

• edited October 2022
  • I remember the Wing/Gape midfield was looking impressive towards the end of last season. I think he’d complement any of the three little terriers very well.

Freeman in a more forward role rotating with McCleary perhaps.

• Dire team performance today, other than the spell between their first & second goal where we looked in control, but again could not find the final pass/goal(s)

Max was Max again, great shot stopping inconsistent distribution, on the whole commanded his box

Obita had a poor game (it is this lack of consistency that keeps him at L1 level) which left JJ exposed & highlighted his total lack of pace these days.

Grimmer was ok but again was exposed too often by McCarthy losing the ball too easily on his forays forward or putting in a very poor final ball & gifting it to the oppo.

Mawson was ok but strangely looked a little lost without Forino beside him.

Wing had one of his better games for us in midfield & showed why GA/RD bought him in.

Freeman was a little anonymous today, Cambridge didnt allow him any time on the ball & put plenty of bodies around him.

Odd flashes from both Anis & GMac but too little over the 90 minutes.

Vokes was his usual bustling endeavour but cut a sorry figure being denied pretty much any decent service.

Subs again had too little game time to influence anything & state their case for a start.

Tempted to abstain but I thing Wing at long last showed why we bought him in, so gets my vote.

• Not sure what you've described is dire?

• Wing for me. But as a show of how poor we were in defence Max is well worth a shout, 2 saves that definitely stopped the scoreline from being embarrassing.

• Some of our play was excellent, some of it poor but the word dire should only be used for the one man on the pitch who didn’t kick a ball all night.

• Wing for me, although his job (certainly at the start) looked to be man marking Knibbs so he'd be disappointed that "his" man scored the first.

• A game we should have won but fair play to Cambridge who rode their luck and managed the game brilliantly

Max possibly a bit to blame for first goal plus Taf is never getting knocked off the ball as easily as JJ was

Mawson and Grimmer did ok

Obita had a game to forget Jmac a bit better but not much

Freeman worked hard

Gmac ran out of petrol and probably could have been replaced before the hour

Mehmeti could/should have had a goal and a penalty, it was just not his day

Vokes never gave up could easily have had 3

Which leaves Wing whose all round game was excellent and fully deserved his goal and MOTM award

on to Saturday when I fully expect to batter Morecambe and would like to see a return to 4-2-3-1 please Gaffer

COYB