Skip to content

Man of the Match - MK (A)

Should have won by more, but it's three points and upward we go!

MOTM
  1. Who is your MOTM for MK (A)80 votes
    1. Did not see/Abstain
      22.50%
    2. Stryjek
      32.50%
    3. McCarthy
        1.25%
    4. Forino
        7.50%
    5. Mawson
      10.00%
    6. Jacobson
        0.00%
    7. Obita
        0.00%
    8. Wing
        2.50%
    9. Freeman
      21.25%
    10. Mehmeti
        0.00%
    11. McLeary
        0.00%
    12. Vokes
        1.25%
    13. Hanlan (sub)
        0.00%
    14. Mellor (sub)
        1.25%
    15. Wheeler (sub)
        0.00%

Comments

• Best game for some time from JJ, who is much less exposed as the left CB of a back 3.

Mawson & Forino were immense both in defence & attack, Mawson's range of passing is breathtaking & Forinos attakcing headers are getting better & better.

Stryjek, just grows better each game, today we saw his lightning reactions keeping a clean sheet, what a signing he is proving to be.

Nick Freeman is such a cultured midfielder, slightly wasted in the more defensive role he is having to play whilst we are without Scowen & Gape, but came up trumps today with a beautiful goal.

Vokes, Obita, GMac, Mehmetti, McCarthy & Wing all played their part & ran their socks off for the cause.

Superb team performance, but my vote this week goes to Alfie by a whisker from Chris & Big Max

• Very clear cut. That man Max.

• Max, easy

• I went Freeman, who besides the goal just did not put a foot wrong, and made a lot of perfect passes. However, Max was absolutely superb as always. We may have one of the great goalkeepers at our level!

Special mentions to all of the defenders, too.

• Max was solid but didn’t have anything to do that I would expect him to struggle with. There were no particularly dangerous shots from them.

I’ve run out of words to describe just how good Mawson is. Forino was also solid today.

I went for Freeman. I think people overhype him a little but he’s had two excellent games in a row and what made him particularly standout today was his strong defensive work, which he’s been asked to do lately but understandably had struggled with.

• Max in the end as we wouldn't have held on without his saves. Mawson not far behind.

• Freeman was good generally but if he hadn't scored that goal I think we might be talking about centre mid being a bit weak again. Decent shift though, and the goal was decisive and shows what he can do. Hope to see Him, Anis and GMac rotate further forward when Josh is back.

• Mawson for me with Max second.

• I can't say I buy into the Freeman stuff usually, but if I don't award it for that superb game winner, I never will so it's him.

• I was watching Freeman's passing, only one that I noticed - a really difficult pass down the line failed to reach its man. It was a toss up (3-sided coin!) between him, Alfie and Max but ultimately I went for Nick.

• Freeman. Such a silky performance.

• Max. Crucial moments he delivered. Flawless.

• Wouldn’t begrudge Max getting it though, he’s well on the way to becoming a Wycombe legend.

• Tough one to call as, without playing that well, we should have run out comfortable winners. McCleary was at times close to his best and Alfie, especially first half, made some ridiculous tackles look easy.

However, for ultimately preserving the victory, I'm going Max. I'm sure that shot near the end takes a deflection before he throws up an arm to push it over. Without that we only finish 1-1, which would be robbery.

We should have scored a second though - if only because I predicted a 2-0 victory!

• As much as I wanted to give it to freeman for a superb performance and sensational goal.. I had to go with max stryjek. Some monumental saves today.

He has been an absolute revelation since coming here. Screw man u for messing with us, and good wishes all day long to stocko....

BUT.... wow! Haven't we landed a gold mine with max. He has been outstanding so far. I'm so happy for him and for us for finding him.

Wycombe legend material right there.

Martin Taylor vibes

• Nick Freeman once again did a slow mo turn and chipped cross in the second half. He’s sometimes playing a different game to the rest of em.

• Max, who really kept us in it towards the end when, after all our missed second-half chances, it could have gone belly-up.

For all Stocko's great performances last season, I always had that nagging feeling he might have one of his 'days'. I have to say it, I feel much more secure with Max back there. I don't think he's really made a serious mistake since he joined us.

Alfie Mawson close behind, another assured performance.

• The thing about Freeman is that he rarely gets a sustained run in the team either. If Player X is coming back from injury, it is normally acknowledged that a run in the team is needed. Freeman never gets that, instead usually getting little cameos to set the world on fire. He is still 5th in total MOTM votes despite this only being his 5th start out of 14. If this actually turns into a long run in the starting XI, especially in a more advanced role, he is going to really be able to take it up a further notch.

• I count @BlueBoy amongst the many good friends I made during my years in the Frank Adams stand (he sat immediately behind me) and we were nearly always on the same wavelength but I disagree strongly with his contention/implication that Max had only routine saves to make.

@Alexo, in my humble opinion, hits the nail on the head.

• Kind words indeed, @micra , although I normally pity anyone who finds themselves on the same wavelength as me. Perhaps football is the exception!

Take nothing away from Max, he had an excellent game. I’m sure however that had any of the shots he faced gone in he would have felt he should have saved them.

I also thought his kicking was vastly improved today, which before hand would have been my only minor criticism of his otherwise excellent start to the season.

• I thought Forino was absolutely outstanding. Motm for me.