Skip to content

Attendance Prediction franchise (a) - Sat 22nd October - Match 14

2»

Comments

• 8000 with 1000 away

• 7457 including 1345 chair folk please

• An hour to go to a 2pm deadline for predictions on this thread and 28 predictions now on record and in the spreadsheet. I have the one from @therabbittest.

On average we say:

Average for Total Crowd: 8019

Average for Away Crowd: 1114

Sure we will be noisy - hope we win.

• Included too.

Biggest range of predictions as a proportion of the total crowd that I have seen for a long time - 6666 to 9500. Somebody will be close!

• I'll go 8925 with 1198 away.

• 7,377 on the MK site

• edited October 2022

I abstain from predicting this fixture but the idea they expect us to believe there were seven and half thousand there is hilarious.

There were 5000 at best but I’d go as far as to say it was nearer four.

• With 1,241 Chairboys enjoying beating the fake Dons in their shit stadium.

• How does a club benefit in the slightest by over-declaring the size of the crowd?

The other way around is something that has been going on for ages.

• @wingnut Don't know, but I think MK are by far the guiltiest club when it comes to doing this. I couldn't possibly see how there could have been more than 5,000 home fans there, and that's being generous. Have to say that the Wycombe turnout looked lower than the published figure as well.

• Ok, but over-declaring income would be counterproductive.

• Results Total Crowd:

Top twenty for the total crowd. Many congratulations and Forecaster of the Week title to @Glenactico who was closest and really quite close for this difficult to predict match in a stadium that is too big for the club.

Congratulations also to @BSE and @PJS for double digit scores.

The table contains everyone that was within a thousand.

@thecatwwfc is building up a set of predictions, having missed predictions for the early games and is appearing in the top 20 nearly every game.

Results Blue Army Attendance:

This was a very respectable and noisy 1241, especially as some don't attend on principle.

Some very respectable predictions too: many congratulaions to @Erroll_Sims who was closest and out by just 7, and congratulations to @Will_i_ams for being within 10 of the right number.

I have found speculation on the figures for the home crowd as interesting.

For interests sake here are the top 4 predictions for the 'calculated' home crowd:

It did look like they included staff, stewards, police and all the hotel guests. Perhaps there is a peculiar financial reason within their setup why they would inflate the crowd, otherwise the only reason I can think of is not wanting to appear to be a failing club, but a casual reader of their forum at the moment would pick up signs of distress.

It would be funny if there first game next season was Wrexham at home.

• Woohoooo!