3.53%
    11. McLeary
        8.24%
    12. Vokes
        9.41%
    13. Hanlan (sub)
        1.18%

Comments

• I almost want to abstain because they all deserve it, but went for GMac.

• Went for Freeman for his skill in the lead-up to the 2nd goal. Would have gone for GMc but I thought he went missing for a large part of the 1st half.

• edited October 2022

I thought GMac & Mehmeti were superb & really stretched the Posh defence at times, Mawson & Forino were totally solid at the back, the formers reading of the game & passing ability are immense & will only help make young Forino a better player. Nick Freeman was superb in the second half after we moved to a more passing game & deserves the plaudits for Vokes' goal. Having said all of that my vote went to Big Max who made some super saves to keep us in the game & built the platform for our win.

• PBoPBo
    edited October 2022

Agreed that the level of performance all round was genuinely exceptional.

I went for Freeman, really because of THAT assist, but his general quality of play, ball control and vision was excellent.

Wing was my second choice, I haven't really rated many of his performances this season (there was one where I think he got MotM on here and I just didn't get what people saw) but he was excellent today, great composure on the ball, consistently calm and picking excellent incisive passes.

GMac - yep, back to full strength today

Vokes - winning a ton in the air against a decent Posh defence, here's hoping the goal is a confidence boost

Mehmeti - couple of rockets to the moon as far as chances go (I know they weren't necessarily easy ones) but he really seems to be coming on with each game, both offensively and defensively. Don't let him go for peanuts, RC.

Mawson - again I feel like I take him for granted every game, perhaps the ultimate backhanded compliment that I never give him MotM because he's so consistent week in, week out

Stryjek - kicks improving, vital saves, and of course those pantomime acting skillz kicking in at just the right time - is there a single game so far in which he hasn't been mysteriously injured at a key moment?

Forino - one of the best games I've seen him have, I've seen the potential a long time ago, but the consistency and quality of decision-making is really coming on

I could go on, but it's turning into War and Peace here.. Also - how good to see Hanlan back?

• Went for Mcleary but what a joy it is to watch Mawson play.

• I'm going for JMac, I thought his effort and enthusiasm gradualy wore off to the others.

But could easily have been Vokes, Freeman, Stryjek or Mawson who all played their part.

• I’m edging towards Strjek but I can’t get the bloody spelling right.

I was puzzled by his unusual lack of reaction to the free kick which gave Peterborough the lead but can only assume he was unsighted.

He was particularly impressive during that spell towards the end of the second half when we came under considerable pressure and I also think his distribution has improved.

But naming the goalkeeper suggests that we came under greater pressure than we actually did.

An abiding image during the final minutes was the incredible energy and determination shown by Garath McCleary. He has well and truly repaid the debt of his seemingly senseless sending off at (?) Fleetwood. He gets my vote.

• Very tough choice this week. Equally great performances from Forino, Mawson, Freeman, Wing and GMac. Went for Freeman in the end though as I think his calmness was the thing that made the difference in the second half. There was another of his genius no-look passes at one point - while surrounded by three posh players he just slid the ball out of the crowd a few yards to a blue shirt leaving all three baffled. I love him.

• McCleary by a whisker.

• Max kept us in the game on more than one occasion, some vital saves - a rock at the back.

• Mawson with the best Wycombe performance since Anthony Stewart at Wembley. Easy decision for me

• I thought Mawson was magnificent today.

• Mawson.

It seemed today like he was actually a playmaker as well as defensive colossus, ball player, crosser and even throw in guy!

The work for the 3rd goal just topped it all off.

First name on the team sheet every week.

• I thought it was Vokes personally. A near faultless performance

• Max for me, you can see how he’s a rock solid keeper and that gives the rest of the team confidence but a difficult choice today.

• Alfie Mawson is a Wycombe Wanderers player, in League One.

That sentence should be pure fantasy but it isn’t and he is rightly MOTM yet again. His work for the third goal was unbelievable.

• edited October 2022

It feels utter madness that seemingly no club in the championship tried to sign him on.

Just hope he stays fit, and loves it so much here, he judges that as more important than money elsewhere when the offers will surely be aplenty in the summer.

• Mawson... he's so good you don't really recognise him... we're so lucky

• Mawson. Imperious again. And that run and pass for the third…

• With games under his belt now, Alfie is just amazing. He is a great lad and we are so lucky to have him. Thank you Alfie.

• edited October 2022

Agree totally. Although obviously not technically the best performer I thought Jas showed so much heart and desire today and really drove the team performance on. Definitely one of the new generation of generals.

If we can continue a decent run in the next few weeks and stay in touch with the play offs while we hopefully get a few more back (primarily Tafazolli, Scowen and keep Hanlan fit) we have got a good side if we can keep everyone fit. Big if though obviously given the injury history.

Really enjoyed that performance today though, much more like our old selves. Vokes and Stryjek superb at either end of the pitch, and Alfie Mawson is like a Rolls Royce. Absolute and utter class.

• Really enjoyable game in front of a very disappointingly low crowd (from both clubs).

Probably our strongest bench for a long time and for the first time in ages it felt that we had options to change things if we needed to (in the end we were so comfortable it actually felt that we didn’t need to).

In hindsight, the loss of their quick no.17(?) halfway through the first half was probably a major factor. They had already retreated into Wycombe-mode by then but it meant that they lost any counter-attacking threat.

Thought Max and the back 3 had really good games. Credit especially to Forino for a composed performance after his early booking. Wing seems to be be playing well in his more defensive roll but we do miss Scowen. No way would they have scored that first goal if he’d been playing.

As everybody has said we looked a lot more like our better selves second half. It was particularly pleasing to see McLeary playing with confidence again. That run and shot against the post was much more like how he used to play.

The third goal was the perfect cherry on top of the icing. Easily the most uplifted I’ve felt leaving Adams Park for ages (well since MK, so all of 2 games in my case…)

• I went for McCarthy too.

The battle between him and their no3 was interesting and McCarthy came out on top. Was fun to watch.

His effort and determination can never be faulted.

• Great post @bookertease. My feelings entirely. In particular, I think the pairing of Freeman and Wing in front of the back 3/5 makes for a classier, if less combative, central midfield. It all felt very good.

• Man mountain Mawson currently with 37 votes.

• Some good points on McCarthy. He had a good game yesterday, but more than that, he seems the closest to taking on Bloomfield's 'Mr Wycombe' mantle. The guy gives absolutely everything in every game. He may not have the ability of the likes of say McCleary or Mehmeti, but he more than makes up for that with his effort and sheer will to win. I was delighted to seem him celebrating in front of the terrace yesterday after seeing him in tears after the Plymouth game the other week. A hugely valuable member of our squad.

• edited October 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JCH looks lazy. If he is their captain and leads but example, they won't be in the playoffs this season.

For the first half, I also thought we lacked a central midfielder. Until RJJ got taken off with the injury, I think it allowed us to push on a bit. The guy that came on for them (Joel Randall?)was bloody useless.

• Also.....what did the stadium announcer say about McCleary?!?!?!? Something about Ivan Toney but sounded really cringey.