Skip to content

Bayo documentary

Has this only just been announced or have I been living under a rock? https://twitter.com/wycombeswan/status/1579760031415021568

Comments

• I get more or less daily emails from the Swan and the one today about the Bayo documentary and Q & A session certainly caught my eye.

Tickets are priced at £10 and £20 (don’t ask!) and there are performances (on Wednesday 26 October) at 2pm and 7.30pm.

I will definitely be attending - almost certainly the 2pm performance - and mrs micra has agreed to accompany me. I’m not sure my Wimbledon supporting friend will be interested but I’m going to mention it to him and to another good friend who used to come to Adams Park as my guest on the odd occasion. The Cup game against Preston, in which Daryl Horgan excelled, was probably his favourite match at Adams Park because he was a keen PNE fan and season ticket holder in his younger days. Partial retribution for the play-off Final defeat, I suppose.

• I hope this finds a home on Netflix or another streaming provider.

• There's a bit that says you can meet him / sign an autograph.

That sort of thing is normally an extra cost, but couldn't see any price for that. Unless he'll be meeting and chatting to 100s?

Although we're on the 11th already so he only has 2 weeks to get it sold out.

• Sounds like we might be a bit thin on the ground at the Swan, especially as there are two performances. Sadly, that has been par for the course since the Covid pandemic with mainly tribute acts, some of which are pretty good but most of my friends and family turn their noses up at the mere mention of the word tribute.

In our 20 odd years ushering there we saw some excellent tribute performances, including the Illegal Eagles, Counterfeit Stones, Bootleg Beatles and Magic- a Kind of Queen.

• ‘That’ll be the day’ is a good show @micra . Starts with early 60s stuff and through to late 70s. Great musicians and singers and real good comedy slots as well. We are regulars.

• edited October 2022

I only had a quick skim read, but the afternoon is a first showing of his film and quick meet and greet, and the second one is the film plus more an audience with him type job, isn't it?

Must be quite a weird situation going to a theatre to watch a massive screen?

The quick meet and greet bit for perhaps the last time is probably more the attraction.

• Must be quite a weird situation going to a theatre to watch a massive screen?

A bit like… a cinema? 🤔

• Adams Park has a massive screen and regular theatrics tbf

• Half term afternoon out for us, 2 kids plus me and mrs username123, £30 all in. Only a fiver for kids, tenner for adults. Seems a good idea.

• Totally agree. Used to sell out very quickly. Very much geared towards the older generations, I suppose, but I’d be interested to know if there are other relatively young Gasroomers like yourself who have seen and enjoyed the show.

it’s always been a non-stop roller-coaster of a show (twice a year, I think) fast paced and, as you say, plenty of comedy. Real feel good stuff. A welcome escape from all the current gloom and doom.

• The Swan has quite a few seats that are fine for watching actors wandering about. But not so great for watching a screen.

I'm sure it'll be a good event either way. Just don't sit too wide!

• Thank you for the relatively young reference @micra but only 4 months off 3 score years and 10. 😉

• From the perspective of my four score years and four, that is definitely relatively young ! ☹️

• You were right in your earlier post @Malone about the 2pm performance being just the documentary. I’ve booked four seats (for the evening performance) in the side circle - the stalls have apparently been reserved for “the company” - so I hope the whole screen will be visible ! I should be alright (Jack) as I will be in the end seat (nearest the central block) to enable me to stretch the stiff old legs.