Skip to content

Peterborough build up

This will be our fourth out of five matches which could be construed as some level of grudge match (Derby, Plymouth, Oxford). I have a feeling this is going to be a very watchable clash with both teams scoring at least twice - and I would point to my 0.003% success rate in predictions as to how much weight you should give that opinion.

Despite the injuries, we do have a very good available starting XI, and we are also a different proposition at AP, where we have not actually deserved to lose a game all season on balance of play, with Shrewsbury being a "voodoo doll game" and Plymouth also very fortunate our shooting radar was off.

More than one poster has mentioned that they expect us to go on a run sometime from now to mid-November, especially given the fixture list, and I tend to agree. It may or may not start now, but I think we are really going to show up on Saturday and give Posh everything they can handle.

Prediction: 2-2 (Mawson header, GMac shot to end a nice passing move).

To me, our two most significant issues are the missing defensive midfielders and the lack of a clinical edge at the end of moves. If Gape is okay and we fix the latter, the upturn may be close.

Comments