Skip to content

Man of the Match - Oxford (A)

Match is frozen for me, so a good opportunity to do this!

MOTM
  1. Who is your MOTM for Oxford (A)?83 votes
    1. Did not see/Abstain
      14.46%
    2. Stryjek
      14.46%
    3. McCarthy
        1.20%
    4. Forino
      40.96%
    5. Mawson
      20.48%
    6. Jacobson
        3.61%
    7. Obita
        0.00%
    8. Gape
        0.00%
    9. Wing
        0.00%
    10. Mehmeti
        0.00%
    11. McLeary
        0.00%
    12. Vokes
        1.20%
    13. Freeman (sub)
        3.61%

Comments

• edited October 2022

Tough call between Forino & Stryjek with Freeman & Mawson not far behind

• edited October 2022

Good calls. If I’d seen the whole game, I doubt whether I’d have seen anything to persuade me to add other names. I think I’ll go for Forino because I was one of the first to see his enormous potential.

• Forino. We have to get him in the starting eleven somehow.

• That was pretty much the exact opposite of “entertainment”, Forino was superb though, and Freeman was a class above. Wing also had an excellent game.

• Mawson for me but Forino excellent as well. And I thought Freeman had a great game

• Forino with Mawson a very close second. Went with Forino not because of his goal but for his defensive work which was simply outstanding. Even when off balance with legs like Bambi on ice, he somehow managed to get a part of his body in the way. I also agree that Freeman was as good as Mawson.

• edited October 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Went Freeman but no wrong answer with the main suspects highlighted above.

Stryjek is fantastic. I wish we had gone in for him before Bishop instead of after!

• Mawson. Whilst I don’t blame Forino for the penalty he could have done better with the header. That aside, both were absolutely imperious.

• Went Forino but JJ and Alfie terrific too.

• he was immense today and could grace the premiership in his career , as will Anis

• It shows how good Stryjek was (or how bad everyone else was) that, despite giving away the penalty with a poor attempt for the ball, he has received a decent number of votes.

• Just about Forino, but could have gone for Mawson, Styjek, or JJ. Good day for the back line.

• Forino was absolutely outstanding today. Arguably his best in our kit.

• Was Forino not at fault for the penalty? Sold Max a bit short....

• In a game of sixes across the board probably Forino and Freeman were worth a 7.

Forgettable

• JJ is fine as the left sided centre back. Left back? Forget it.

• Forino showed a real fire today. If we keep hold of him he looks like future captain material.

• I'd forgotten what happened before, but when a keeper takes someone down it has to partially at least be down to him.

However, more than redeemed himself with the double save.

• Would have probably gone for Forino, just that I thought his header back towards Max prior to the penalty was weak, so Mawson with his superb assist and general all-round game wins it for me.

• I thought the header back was alright and Max was a fraction late coming out for it actually, but there you go

I can't stop watching that ball in from Mawson for our goal. It's beautiful

• I went Mawson, tbh, it's quite incredible that he's playing for us !

• I really wish that were still the case but it hasn’t been recently. With those available I’d say Grimmer slotting in on the right is preferable.

JJ was excellent yesterday, though he did have his standard ‘moment’ in our penalty box during the second half that almost gave away a penalty.

• Alfie, Max, Chris in close order for me. Alfie makes it look easy out there. When Josh is back, with Max, Alfie, Chris, Ryan that makes a very impressive spine to build on.

• Ryan? Think I’ve had a mental block.

I was about to hit ‘post comment’ when I realised who you were referring to. On recent form, little to choose between him and JJ. And JJ seems to be the more resilient of the two and has qualities that Tafazolli lacks.

• My inability to realise that Ryan is Tafazolli was because the ‘spine’ of a team is usually expressed as 3 or 4 individual players (from back to front) rather than a group of four players right at the back. And Tafazolli is usually referred to as Taf, often with a second ‘f’ . I was therefore looking for a striker. Aren’t we all.