Skip to content

Anis Mehmeti

Comments

• Seems surprising a "Ken Hairy" would post silly stuff doesn't it.

• Obviously friends with Iva Beek 🤦🤦

• What he has added to his game, and I'd love to see more of it, is a bit of intelligence in dealing with different teams. He's always had a petulant side as shown when he was sent off last year for a punch, and struggled to get back in the team for a bit.

He's bulked up considerably over the summer, but was man-marked out of the game very well against Salop, and seemed increasingly irritated by that. He's scored 4 already this season, and would love to see him really dominate games smartly. Even if that means we only keep him until the Summer, a real breakout season like Beavon's would be fantastic.

• LX1LX1
    edited September 2022

Did Vokes play on Saturday? If he's back fit the opposition will be helpless against him and Anis. Exciting times

Do we Mark the big lad or the tricky young lad? Oh no we are 3 nil down already

• edited September 2022

Mawson pinging diagonals onto Vokes' head with Anis picking up the flick ons is pretty much a match for any team in Europe

• Can you give an example of any of his "occasional aggressive outbursts" at his team mates? I genuinely can't remember any but I don't see every game.

As far as I was aware his only moment came when O'Nien did a job on him. I can never remember him doing anything remotely close with a member of our own team.

• @Last_Quarter dont remember any spats with team-mates but like Taffs and Vokes Anis was generally unsmiling and possessed a miserable resting face which spelled to some that all three were restless, unhappy and eager to leave. Now of course along with Alfie they will be off to better teams in the flick of a cheque book in January.

• It's just 'Taff stormed off and had a major rager at Revs,' with the blanks filled in differently isn't it?

• His enormous potential was evident in his cameo against Millwall in the 2-1 defeat, where his crisp and incisive passing was just what we were crying out for. Obviously he was still very raw and had a huge amount to learn, but it is to the coaching team's credit that they have nurtured him so well, and to Anis for applying himself to learn and master the less glamorous side of the game.

We are lucky that we aren't in the position where we were previously limited to how much we could sell our most promising youngsters by bigger clubs offering us only just enough to cover losses for the season, which we were pretty much forced to accept without gambling on other "football fortune" windfalls coming our way. With a bit more money in the bank from the last few seasons after keeping the purse strings tighter than some fans would like, we should be in a position to hold out for rather more than we were able to for the likes of Hause, Ingram, Scowen, O'Nien et al.

• Ideal sequence for me:

1. We keep Anis for the whole season and he ends with around 115 total appearances for us, scoring the winner at Wembley in the playoff final and lifting his shirt to reveal the message: 'Wycombe, I Will Always Love You'. This sequence of events could also be kicked forward one more season and into the range of 160 total appearances.
    2. Moves on to QPR for a few million and helps them into the Prem as we consolidate in the second tier.
    3. Moves on to Arsenal for 20 million and helps them challenge for major honours.

A man can dream!

• To balance out the “we can hold onto him for whatever price we want,” we also need to factor the “we will never stand in a player’s way if they have the chance to ‘better’ themselves” ethos that runs through the club.

It is important that other players, who may feel discarded, look at us and see that we can help them develop and progress and won’t hold them to ransom if a dream move comes along. That way more future Mehmetis will look at us and think that Wycombe is the best place to come and play.

what that would result in I think would that we would listen to any reasonable offer and if Mehmeti wanted to move we would probably accept a fair offer (nothing like the £3 million suggested) but probably with a hefty sell-on percentage baked in.

• Not what Peterborough got for Ivan Toney or the Franchise for Dele, but a seven figure fee and it may not be a one at the start. With a good sell on fee, it could be more than one seven figure payday at that. That said, I'm going to enjoy watching him in the quarters for now.

• edited September 2022

He should break our transfer record easily, absolutely nothing less. If Twine was sold for what he was after last season I cant see why Anis shouldn't be the same if he has a great season for us

I have friends, who supports other clubs and they all know about him already, my Portsmouth supporting mate was even raving about him a week ago !

• My prediction is that Brentford will put in a bid in January with him being loaned back for the remainder of the season. Could also suit Norwich or Brighton's style of football.

• Saying “thanks for the careful custodianship. We always knew he’d come good.” Liars!

• Baller. If he increases his creative output then we'll be laughing even more than we already will be with a fee (although he'll be slightly less fun to watch than when allowed to just absolutely Messi it).

• They have already paid out £11m for Gabriel Sara this season so like to take a gamble.

• Brentford apparently are often battling us for the players we bring into the development squad, so that might not be a bad shout.

• The big change this season is that Anis has found a position. One he excels at. Wide on the left with a license to cut inside.

Young skilful players often remain just that as they can’t get a position. Making them harder to play against for sure but also harder to fit into teams and harder to sell. Anis now has his position and can adapt to others. Making him valuable to us and others.

Ironically the game where he was most nullified was against Shrewsbury when GMac decided to come and play on his toes too. Something I hope the management has sorted out now.

• I agree, he looks much happier and more effective out wide where he has more chance to get his head up and pick a pass or take on defenders. Think we’ve found his best position.

• Wide left for now, he's ripping it up , makes no sense to move him but later in his career I'm sure he'll be useful more centrally too. Looked a decent false nine for want of a better modern phrase at the weekend too.

Will leave the valuation conversation, a bit like art it's far more about who wants or needs at a particular time than his worth to us. Hope we don't find out for a while.

• I suppose the question is (huge wages aside)...would he just walk into playing regularly for a richer side higher up the pyramid...or would he be better off being first on the team-sheet for us? (At least we know he'll be back at some point...like all of 'em!☺️)

• Interesting to see that the AFC Wimbledon manager is bemoaning the fact that he has three attacking players that he is finding difficult to fit (all together) in the starting lineup. Sound familiar? Well, interestingly, one of the three is wide attacking midfielder, Ayoub Assal - a year younger and inches shorter than Anis - who has played up front in at least one game with the other two behind him. Anis ran his socks off in that position at Fleetwood and, even with ten men, still looked a threat.

Just saying.

• edited September 2022

Not to be a downer on Mehmeti's progress but when he signed a new contract with us last Christmas, did they disclose how long the contract was? I'm starting to get nervous that if it was only a 2yr deal, that'll expire this Summer and if he's putting in amazing performances and is going to be Out of Contract at the end of the season, will we have to sell at a cut price fee?

Sorry if this has already been covered in this chat

• I could be wrong@Otter87 but I think it was quite a long term wasn't it?

• I think it runs till summer 2024. We'll have to hope that after leading us to back to back promotions he wants his first season in the Premier League to be with us.

• I thought it was 3 years