Skip to content

What a season

After the heartbreak of yesterday, and yes I have the match again today, I have had a chance to reflect on what has been a tremendous season. Last season the football was tough to watch at times but this season the football at times has been sublime and a joy to watch.

Highlights for will be seeing Alfie for the first time at Newport on the first day of the season, funnily enough Southend at home, Luton Boxing Day and Luton away. Breaking the Tuesday night hoodoo with a classy pen from Hayes, the atmosphere that night was electric and one I won't forget. The two Plymouth games were excellent the atmosphere at both legs was incredible and we as fans should be proud. Meeting many friendly and passionate opposition fans Up and down the country who have talked about their respect for Wycombe's play this season.

Yesterday was tough but will make us stronger and hopefully get a few more bums on seats next season. The atmosphere was great and although everyone was disappointed I'd like to thank the crowd queuing for the train who joined in a rendition of "Happy Birthday" for my wife (a football widow for most of the year) as we all waited, it helped lift the mood and made the wife's day.

So a big THANK YOU to the club, manager, staff, players and my fellow fans for making this one of the most exciting and most pleasant to watch seasons for a very long time.

Season ticket already renewed and can't wait for August to roll round once again and automatic promotion.

COYB!!!!!

Comments

• And don't forget turning over Stevenage away... Paul Hayes' goal and that free kick !

• For me a few days stood out. Burton away, after raw defeat the support stood and sang its heart out. Plymouth away what a night and then Wembley and the happy smiling people singing from early on in the day. The pain will ease but the memories will last forever.