Skip to content

Nick Freeman

2»

Comments

• That's why he didn't used to suit our one dimensional game @Shev!

• And, ironically, I think that’s why having a target man has become a less pressing requirement.

• At exactly the time top level football seems to be resurrecting the role of the No9 or so all the sports pages seem to be inferring

• Being more interested in body mechanics, (particularly as it is part of my work), I am always fascinated how alike Nick Freeman & Roger Federer are in the way they appear to glide across a surface. Been studying the movement of Federer for years and still haven't sussed it yet! 🤔

• Nick is quite like Zidane, a very angular running style

• Nick is quite like Zidane, a very angular running style

• Zidane is the player he most reminds me of too. It's almost uncanny at times.

• I’ve heard that Aaron Pierre also shows some of Zidane’s key attributes when hanging around Tesco car parks.

• Nothing makes Wycombe fans love a player more than him not playing (especially if we lose without him) but the praise and excitement is well deserved.

Nicks style is very easy on the eye, he can pass and shoot and switch play well and we go as fans to be entertained. If he wants to play regularly he has to consistently score and assist , not just look good and make nice touches, but do the dull stuff like keep the ball, help win it back when we lose it, cover teammates etc.

All stuff he has in his gift If and can only show if he gets picked for regular starts, and that isn't his or any of our choice.

He's been unlucky at times with injuries and others playing well in his position, for me he doesn't get a start over Anis or JMac whilst both he and Wing have something to prove more centrally but what an option in a squad for a long season.

• I do hope so as it’ll mean we get to see some exceptional football over the next 9 months.