28 predictions in:

Average for Total Crowd: 5667

Average for Away Crowd: 1133

• 5726, with 1112 away.

• 6,001 with 1,235 Addiks

• 5,882 with 1,400 Addicks

• 5,500 with 1,000 away fans

• 5,831 with 1326 away, thanks.

• Been given as 6,139 with 1,638 Charlton.

• Thanks @robin - just working out the results now.

• A game where one half had more substance than the other was reflected in a score prediction performance where collectively we were much better at the home section and were as a group off the mark with predicting the away crowd.

The average for our home crowd from 28 predictions was 4533 and the actual home crowd was 4501.

Our average for the away crowd was 1133 and the actual was 1638.

Credit for the bits of individual quality judgement. Many congratulations to @NewburyWanderer - Forecaster of the Week for the last season's title holder, and a sub 100 score which will probably be counting at the end of this season.

The highlighted scores are those who predicted 6000+. A welcome is also due to @FlyingPostman and @ChasHarps who predicting for the first time this season.

Here are the top 20 for the week.

Congratulations to @mooneyman - who was closest to predicting the number of Charlton fans. This table shows who filled the top fifteen places.

And just to reassure people that they haven't lost their touch - here are the top ten for the calculated home crowd predictions. All out by less than 100.

Probably this particular table will be a one off for posting. It was an unusual set of forecasts.

• Thank's as always @railwaysteve for doing this for us.

• Hear hear. A huge improvement in keeping with the magnificent upgrade of the website by @drcongo . (And it was pretty good last season - many thanks @railwaysteve.)

• edited August 2022

@railwaysteve

You've missed me off both guesses. I think I was hiding at the top of this page😊

I was also out by 1 on the home crowd

• I have made a bad mistake and missed 6 of you out this morning. Revised tables on their way with entries where appropriate for @wwfcblue, @BlueBoy, @MindlessDrugHoover, @BSE, @thedieharder and @ryan_w_kirkby2.

Memo to self - let the first caffeine of the day take effect before starting organising a post on a Sunday morning and for goodness sake count the number of predictions in the thread before you post.

Thanks @wwfcblue for pointing it out and many congratulations on being so close with the home crowd.

It occurs to me that if I were to make a proper subsidary competition(s) it should be for the 'Wycombe Crowd' - home crowd at home games and the away crowd at away games. I'll think about it because the figures are not very difficult to extract, so long as I am careful. The problem is sometimes with some clubs discovering the figure for the away crowd.

Finally, thank you @ValleyWanderer and @micra for the kind words. They feel somewhat undeserved in view of the above mistake, but I will take them anyway.

• At least we got in first. Blissfully unaware of any omissions! Don’t give yourself any additional work unless there is a demand for it (and you enjoy doing it).

• Thanks again for the kind thought @micra

I do have the revised placings for the Charlton game with the missing predictions in!

The overall prediction - now a top 25:

The away predictions:

And some congratualtions due on some very close home crowd predictions - very notably for @wwfcblue and @thedieharder.

Apologies to anyone who appeared in the first version of the tables but not in these. Please be assured that your actual scores remain the same.