Skip to content

Samaritans Score Prediction (Shrewsbury h)

Not the greatest of weeks. No correct scores and lots of big minus scores

On to next week.

| Pos |

Team                | Season | Week | Movemnt |
|-----|---------------------|--------|------|---------|
| 1   | Manboobs            | 5      | -5   | 0       |
| 2   | Railway Steve       | 5      | -3   | 0       |
| 3   | Chris               | 5      | 2    | 2       |
| 4   | DevC                | 5      | 2    | 9       |
| 5   | Betfair             | 4      | 2    | 15      |
| 6   | Our frank           | 2      | 0    | 13      |
| 7   | The Dieharder       | 2      | 7    | 17      |
| 8   | Commoner            | 0      | -3   | -4      |
| 9   | Micra               | 0      | -3   | -3      |
| 11  | Forest Blue         | 0      | -3   | 0       |
| 12  | Wendoverman         | -1     | -4   | -9      |
| 13  | Errol Sims          | -1     | -4   | -6      |
| 14  | A40                 | -1     | -4   | -5      |
| 15  | Sadie Kirkby        | -1     | -4   | -3      |
| 16  | Mindlessdrughoover  | -1     | -3   | -2      |
| 17  | Forever Blue        | -1     | -3   | -1      |
| 18  | Home Game regular   | -1     | -3   | -1      |
| 19  | Mandown             | -1     | -3   | -1      |
| 19  | LX                  | -1     | -3   | 0       |
| 20  | Mooneyman           | -1     | 2    | 2       |
| 21  | Alexo               | -2     | -5   | -13     |
| 22  | Dr Congo            | -2     | -4   | -7      |
| 23  | big Red             | -2     | -4   | -2      |
| 24  | Bookertease         | -2     | 3    | 0       |
| 25  | Username            | -3     | 2    | -1      |
| 26  | Smiroloudyblue      | -4     | 1    | -2      |
| 27  | Twizz               | -7     | -3   | -4      |

Comments

• Wycombe 2 - 0 Shrewsbury

• Wycombe 3-1 Shrewsbury

• Wycombe 2-1 Shrewsbury

• Back to a sensible formation and tactics and winning ways Wycombe 2-0 Shrewsbury

• Like to think so @Erroll_Sims but I’m going to leave it as long as possible this week before I commit because there are so many imponderables - not least (and extremely importantly) the possible return of Chris Forino. People seem surprisingly reluctant to see him as being a straight replacement for Anthony Stewart. As I’m sure you know, I’ve always been a great admirer of ‘Tools’, both as player and person, but I’m convinced that Chris is heading for even greater heights.

Up front, I’m as puzzled as several others on here that Ali Al-Hamadi has not at least been on the bench. Yet another squad member injured?

Before Bolton, I’d decided not to bother with tomorrow’s cup game at Sixfields but, as an opportunity to run the rule over the potential of a few borderline squad members, not least Josh Blunkell, and hopefully a more conservative and balanced approach to formation and tactics, I shall be watching. Slightly taken aback to learn (from an on-line preview) that we have had five straight defeats on the road, scoring once and conceding 12 (twelve). Surely that’s incorrect.

• edited August 2022

FAO @ReturnToSenda. The preview website was SportsMole.

• edited August 2022

Whoever GA puts out 26 shots on goal with a 2 - 0 victory (this time!) for me.

• Wycombe 1-0 Shrewsbury

• edited August 2022

https://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/football/northampton-town/preview/preview-northampton-vs-wycombe-prediction-team-news-lineups_491764.html

I was hoping for a comment from @ReturnToSenda (or anyone) regarding the statement that “Tuesday’s visitors [ie Wycombe] are currently on a run of five straight away defeats”

I've screwed up the quote in the SportsMole Preview but have managed to post a link above. My first ever.

• 2-0 nailed on

• edited August 2022

Seeing as Saturdays defeat ended a long unbeaten league run and we beat Burton away on the last day of last season I can't see a run of more than two away defeats if you include Bolton and the play off second leg. Is that what you were thinking?

That cheeky Sportsmole eh?

• All I was thinking really was that I must be losing it ! Memory isn’t what it was (inevitably) but I was pretty sure that, Wembley apart, we finished last season strongly, home and away.

I originally stopped reading the Mole’s preview when I got to the bit about five successive away defeats (having decided that the prospect of a sixth one at Sixfields was too depressing) but I’ve since read on and noted that the ‘possible’ Wycombe lineup is a straight transcription of the starting lineup against Bolton. Clearly complete crap.

Case closed.

• A frustrating, dominant 1-1 .

• 5 straight away defeats as follows:

MK Dons

Bracknell

Watford

Worthing

Bolton

The cheeky mole evidently didn't feel the need to stick to competitive games, but naturally couldn't include Development or B teams. Whatever it takes to make the statistic more exciting.

• Wycombe 3-1 shrews

• Just caught up with your post, @YorkExile.

That’s an extraordinary piece of jiggery pokery on the mole’s part. He’ll probably have been bitterly disappointed that Wycombe Reserves were too strong for the mighty Cobblers.

• Wycombe 2 - 0 Shrewsbury please

• Wycombe 2 - Shrewsbury 0

• 0-0 niggly Steve Cotterill ‘park the bus’ performance.

• Like last season. That was pretty grim.

• edited August 2022

Wycombe 2 Shrews 1

• Wycombe 2 Shrewsbury 0

• Blues 2 - Shrews 0

• Strangely, I was bitterly disappointed with the result but we dominated the game and had 26 shots on goal..so it wasn't so much grim as incredibly frustrating.

• Wycombe 3-1 Shrewsbury

• Exactly @Wendoverman. I used the wrong adjective. We totally dominated that game but couldn’t penetrate the massed ranks of their defence.

I’ve just watched the ten minute highlights video of the Northampton match and was impressed by how well most/all of the eight (?) youngsters performed. Nick Freeman’s outstanding performance plus the slick move leading to Mellor’s goal and his clinical finish made me think we might be on the verge of a less crowded but more cultured approach to our attacking moves. Fewer of the hopeful long balls aimed at Vokes’ head, for example.

With Nick back and the probability of a couple of eager youngsters being introduced at some stage, I’m going to go for an optimistic 3-1.

• May I join ? I've made a donation. I predict Wycombe 1 Shrewsbury 0 :) I hear Wycombe have just signed a defender...