Skip to content

Samaritans Score Prediction (Bolton a)

edited July 2022 in Football

So the season is underway and we are top of the league. Long may it continue.

First of all a huge thankyou to all those who have donated so generously. As I have said it does make a huge difference to the branch. By my reckoning just this season the funds raised from this competition will pay the admin costs (heating, lights, phones, rates etc etc) allowing the branch to answer approximately 200 calls from desperate people - some may be calling from a bridge wondering whether to jump but others may be from an elderly lady living alone now in pain and desperately lonely or a guy speaking for the first time about the sexual abuse they suffered as a child or indeed from the sexual abuser now feeling guilt about what they did or a guy in prison coming to terms with being away from his family or a lady with mental health issues tormented by noise from outside or a veteran wondering how his life has descended to living on the streets or a penniless teenage girl thrown out by her parents now having to pay her slum landlord in sex or a whole range of people needing someone to pour out their hearts to. Your donation has made a direct difference to their lives. Thank you.

Still room of course for more entrants, more donations and more calls answered!!  https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/gasroomfundraising

First week and just the one correct answer - take a bow the (rather smug) @Manboobs . The only way from here is down. At the other end I see @bookertease has taken early possession of his customary position in the table. His annual sacrifice predicting defeats most weeks is the direct cause of the clubs success far more some would say than Gareth himself.

Two little admin points - I note champion @SmiroludyBlue has not joined us this year. Anyone know if she is OK? And @drcongo since you upgraded the site, markdown doesn't translate tables so well - is there another site I should use?

On to a tough predicting game at Bolton (a) - anyone knw who will play in goal....?

| Pos | Team                | Season | Week | Movemnt |
|-----|---------------------|--------|------|---------|
| 1   | Manboobs            | 10     | 10   |         |
| 2   | Wendoverman         | 3      | 3    |         |
| 3   | Commoner            | 3      | 3    |         |
| 4   | Chris               | 3      | 3    |         |
| 5   | Micra               | 3      | 3    |         |
| 6   | Errol Sims          | 3      | 3    |         |
| 7   | DevC                | 3      | 3    |         |
| 8   | Alexo               | 3      | 3    |         |
| 9   | A40                 | 3      | 3    |         |
| 11  | Forest Blue         | 3      | 3    |         |