Skip to content

Berks & Bucks Senior Cup 2022-23

Comments

• "We'll play you for the first half then pull you off at half time"

"Blimey, we only used to get an orange at Wycombe"

• I can walk to Newport Pagnell's ground from my house. I've been waiting for this fixture for a long time.

I expect Bracknell will be favourites to go through however.

• These games tend to be a bit of a lottery, depending on what strength side each club puts out

• Bracknell Town v Newport Pagnell Town has been moved back one day, to this Wednesday.

Flackwell Heath v Amersham Town, tomorrow, has already been postponed.

• The Bracknell game tonight is off due to a frozen pitch.

Amersham Town host Flackwell Heath next Tuesday, the tie has been moved to Spratley's Meadow.

• Maidenhead have withdrawn from the competition, citing fixture rearrangements and their involvment in the FA Trophy. Marlow will now play Hungerford in the next round.

• That leaves the two remaining ties in Round 2, already four weeks overdue, being played tonight.

Amersham Town v Flackwell Heath (7:30 pm)

Newport Pagnell Town v Bracknell Town (7:45)

Holders NPT had a fine victory over Leighton Town in the FA Vase on Saturday, in front of 1435 at Willen Road. They host Jersey Bulls in the last 16 on 11 February.

• Remarkable turnout. It was also only NP's second game in the past 9 weeks due to various postponements.

All fingers crossed for a Swan derby in the B&B!

• It's an easy 20 minute drive for me to NPTFC so I'm hoping for that one too.

• Tonight's results.

Amersham Town 0‐5 Flackwell Heath (HT 0‐2)

Newport Pagnell Town 0‐4 Bracknell Town (HT 0‐3)

• The other three quarter-final ties are now scheduled.

Beaconsfield Town v Reading (13 Feb)

Flackwell Heath v MK (21 Feb)

Hungerford Town v Marlow (28 Feb)

Our match at Sandhurst against Bracknell has not been announced yet, although I can find reference to the tie being postponed on 1st March. That week happens to be only midweek that both teams are free, until near the end of April. Games are to be played by the end of this month so I hope the game does go ahead then, and that we do not forfeit the tie.

• Tonight's result.

Beaconsfield Town 0-2 Reading (HT 0-0).

• edited February 2023

I have a mate who's lad plays for Flackwell

They are playing the Franchise tonight, apparently the Franchise are being, how can you say this ? A bit demanding ?

Supposedly they have asked for 23 parking spaces (is there that many at Flackwell ?) Wanted to know what state the pitch was in, and want someone there at half 5 to let their kit man in !

• They do this wherever they go and fail to do any pre-planning beforehand! They should just bring a coach as they might have more room on there than in the actual changing rooms!

Whoever is in charge should just say, you can have 10 spaces, they need to car share and if they are paying the wages of the groundsman, then sure, if not, wait until 6/6.30 like EVERYONE ELSE!

• They probably want to make sure the pitch at Flackwell is in as poor a state as their own.

• They will complain to the Berks and Bucks FA about the slope on the pitch. That will definitely happen!

• Tonight's result.

Flackwell Heath 0-2 MK.

HT 0-1, attendance 458.

• Hopefully that meant a lot of empty plastic chairs so that MK felt at home.

• Can I just say how beautifully ‘Wycombe’ it is for the Bucks and Berks thread to be at the top of the message board on one of the club’s biggest days in the last decade.

• Not sure if anyone else went, but Flackwell deserved a lot more. Hit the bar 3 times whilst 1-0 down and the 2nd goal was last kick of the game after the keeper had come up for a late corner.

MK had a few first teamers playing, including Darragh Burns who they spent 150-200K on in the summer.

• I went to the Flackwell game last night, my old apprentice plays for them (Aiden Higgs) so thought id make an effort. First time to a none league game and tbh wasn't expecting much but...

I left at full time full absolutely wired! The quality of football was superb, fast, sharp aggressive and really enjoyable.

Flackwell were incredibly unlucky having hit the bar 3 times! Higgs didn't start but came on with 30 to go with Flackwell pushing for the leveller... Mk hit them in stoppage time from a Flackwell corner (the keeper was up) to secure the win scoring from near the halfway line.

Definitely be going again, watching a game in a ground with a pint of Guiness in hand was a added bonus too. Ps crisps, chocolate and fantastic cheesy chips available 😋

• Link to buy tickets for Bracknell at Sandhurst on Tuesday.

https://thesbgroup.ktckts.com/event/bandbwwfc/wycombe-wanderers

Online Ticket Prices: All Adult & Concession tickets £5.00 (ordered in advance)

U16s free entry on the gate.

Online ticket sales end at 5.45pm on Tuesday. Tickets bought on the gate are £7.

• You’d imagine the goings on of the past few days and the appointment of Matty B might put a few on the gate. Certainly plenty for those not in the first team currently to play for.

• The semi-final draw has been made, why they couldn't wait until tomorrow's games have been played I don't know.

Hungerford Town or Marlow v Reading

MK v Bracknell Town or Wycombe Wanderers

Ties be be played by Wednesday 1st April.

• How many trialists we going for tonight then ? Personally I'd like to see all the B team players that are available play. After all it is a competitive match.

• I think we’ve got a few players who could use a full competitive 90 mins, particularly with a new manager who might want to see a few of them in action. So could be a decent side.

I would imagine the likes of Pattenden, Wakely, Young, De Barr, Cartwright, Woodhouse, Skura will get a run out and possibly even Campbell, Freeman and Thompson (if fit).

No idea if players on loan at other clubs like Leathers, Ward and Matshazi are allowed to play. If so, them too.