Skip to content

A difficult summer ahead

How on earth is Gaz going to replace the quality we have in Mawson, Yennaris, Murphy, Fred and Saunders. If he can replace those players with the same qualities, we have a good chance of going up next year. Tough call indeed. Ok, would have been great to go up this year, but we may be better placed to handle a promotion after next season. I think we'll be one of the favourites.

Comments

• It will need to be some player to replace Mawson, dont think Fred will be too much
    of a loss.Nico is absolute class,Saunders a decent player but concerns how many games you would get out of him.
    Lots of local games next season, hopeful on a new decent playing surface, we may have found an able deputy in Lynch, money to strengthern squad, a unification of spirit amongst our supporters through the distress of yesterday.
    There may be some quality out of contract players, who see and hear the unique bond and spirit that Gareth has formed throughout the club, and think i fancy being part of what's going on at wycombe.
    Roll on Normandy !!

• Murphy still has a year to go, so I gather Murphy goes out on loan or sommit. As I can't see many League 2 paying a transfer fee, with the glut of players having been released and available as free agents.

I quite liked Plymouth's released Jason Banton he's quality.

Love to see Banton tearing down our wing, putting crosses and shots on goal.

• Yes a strange release looked their best player

• After watching how well Gaz has brought on loan players - not just as improved footballers but as team players - I'm thinking most managers at higher level clubs will be happy to consider sending prospects to him for a season. I know we all want signings but quality loanees watched by a slightly bigger post Wembley crowd and I fancy us going up next season better placed than we are now. And 18-1 as champions. I'm on that!

• Banton is regarded by Plymouth supporters as a big game Charlie - will play in play off semis, invisible on a wet Tuesday at Accrington. to be fair they said the same about PCH. for me there are likely to be better options.

• @DevC, I was expecting something on those lines, had to be some reason for Banton not being included from the off.