Skip to content

Kit launch - what a shambles

Comments

• Lovely idea. The amount of team bonding you'd get from a squad walk up Cley Hill and a look at some OO Gauge freight locos in Frome Model Centre would guarantee a place in the autos.

• edited July 2022

I did an @bookertease and whipped quickly through a fair few comments (which are of little or no interest to someone of my vintage) in case something amusing, outrageous or insightful had been smuggled in. My reward, right at the end, is @Frome_Blue’s post ten minutes ago. Nice one.

• Mine arrived this morning and i love it,i was worried that the badge was printed but it's embroidered and looks great.

• Kit. Shambles. O’Neills.

I’ll just leave it there 😂.

• How are getting on in Frome mate and have you met Andy from Just Ales yet?

• It's great here! Really nice vibe in the town. Noticeably more friendly than Cambridgeshire.

My wife is due this week so I've been busy sorting the house out since we moved here, so haven't had a chance to get to Just Ales yet, plus I want to bank some goodwill so I can get to some wycombe games. A visit is on my to-do list though!

• I'm in Wells we should meet for a pint once you're fully settled.

• edited July 2022

What's the sizing like on the new shirts? I've never been the same size in any two O'Neills shirts - small in the 20-22 home fitted the same as large in the 18-20!

• Congratulations on the pending baby, @Frome_Blue!!!

• Cheers! Sat in the hospital right now watching my wife enjoying the gas & air. Future tenacious holding midfielder about to be born, debut for Wycombe 2040/41 season.

• Great stuff! If you need any tips, drop me a line.

• Various midwives and NCT folks told us that newborns sleep around 16 hrs a day and can’t stay awake for more than an hr at a time. I regret to inform you that is a complete and utter lie.

• edited July 2022

I can second that @Glenactico

As I recall, if ours read that memo she must have got those timings the wrong way around!

• It's a girl! So her and her older sister will have to be stars for the women's team. Childbirth... brutal

• edited July 2022

@Frome_Blue I also susport @Glenactico's statement.

We most important thing with Child-birth is that both Mum & Baby are recovering well.

I hope everything's starting to settle down, I know that the first few weeks after the bith, your house suddenly turns into a petting zoo with all parts of family coming to visit and wanting a hold. (Or that might have just been our house!) Stay strong!

• Fantastic news! Best wishes to the whole Frome family!

• Congratulations @Frome_Blue

At the risk of being somewhat sexist and stereotypical, one of the main advantages of having daughters is that you are more likely to spend winter Saturday/Sunday mornings sitting in warm(ish), dry indoor dance halls as opposed to standing around in cold, wet football/rugby fields (at least until they decide to get into cheerleading)

• Congratulations @Frome_Blue !

• Congratulations 👏

• Congratulations @Frome_Blue & Mrs @Frome_Blue. Very best wishes to you all and your new daughter.

• It may be that it is very nearly 23 years ago since my 1st born, but the mental scars run deep with me. Never forgotten the sleep deprivation that would have put Guantanamo to shame! Took a few years for my wife to convince me that the next time it would be different, she lied as well! Somehow, now in later life, you manage to convince yourself that it was all worth its in the end. 🤔Anyway, congratulations to you both and I can look from afar and sigh. 👍️

• Congratulations and get yourself a copy of Gina Ford's The Contented Baby Book - saved our lives when our eldest was born, after a first 6 weeks of sleep deprivation. It's a bit boot camp for babies but it works.

• Congratulations @Frome_Blue! I can vouch for the fact that the next two weeks of your life will live with you forever... and age you a good 10 years.

The greatest turnaround in good will in Gasroom thread history?

• edited July 2022

@Frome_Blue One piece of advice that I can try and give.

In the first 6 months, when the little one won't settle / sleep in the early hours of the morning and you might be given the baby so that Mrs @Frome_Blue can get some sleep, have something to keep you switched on that you can watch or do while trying to settle your little one. I found Football Manager quiet helpful as it kept me switched on enough so I didn't fall asleep while holding onto a baby that was very lightly sleeping and giving the other half the sleep and small distance that she needed to function. Plus it can be played in silence (depending on how old your computer / laptop / games console is!)

(Just to say, I managed to get to the Premiership with Wycombe in those 6 months with my little one before most of the squad got cold feet about playing in the Premiership and asked for a transfer... After that, the save lost its appeal.)

• @YorkExile Thats because no one is looking to be negative. If I mentioned that Carl Simon (new women's team manager) had already seen potential in @Frome_Blue's daughter and wanted to sign her up for the 2040-2041 season, someone would come on saying that the club's lacking ambition etc etc

• Congratulations @Frome_Blue though it starts off tough...try to enjoy it as it whizzes by and all of a sudden you find they can buy you a drink...and you are left wondering where the time went! 😀

• Congratulations @Frome_Blue

There will be times when you just want to throw her out of the window but it will pass and she will bring you untold joy.

Oh, and relish the moments where she'll sleep on you for a couple of hours and you can watch a game or a film on the tv, because that will pass as well