Skip to content

JJ signs a new contract.

2»

Comments

• JJ and Gape I'm not so surprised by - although pleased they've signed.

With Wing I am surprised - and delighted. I really believed that we offered a 6 month deal because we knew that Thompson needed an op and would be out, and Gape was too uncertain.

We are now pretty strong in midfield with Young, Gape, Wing, Scowen, Thompson, Horgan, Wheeler, Freeman & Mehmeti we can find more variations during the game (we get 5 subs now I believe?).

Defence I'd still add a central defender to compete with Forino and a raw young striker to mix things up in attack.

And a keeper...

• Superb news. Flabbergasted about Wing. Think that'll turn out to be the best extension of the lot by a long way. Hope he's been given three years.

• Gonna need two GKs!

• Every club ever want a young pacy striker don't they!

Is Hanlan not that?

• I can see some sense in trying to announce all the extensions at the same time.

say for example that we announced Wing had signed on weeks ago and then a week or two later also announced that Gape had signed.

there would then be a few weeks where JJ (enjoying a well deserved holiday) was the only one not signed up.

this would almost inevitably lead to discussions and comments about his lack of commitment to the cause (or whatever) and probably (sadly) unnecessary hassle on his social media.

not saying that’s why it was done this way, but I can see a case for it.