Skip to content

Pre season games

Play at Sandhurst Town now, the owner has plans to build 126 houses on their larges lane ground in Bracknell. But plans to build a new stadium in Bracknell seem to have gone quiet.

Starting to look like another ruthless chairman's land grab.

Comments

• At least 17 other clubs have that exact same badge

• Name them? ...

• We'll need details of the US tour soon if we're to book tickets ;)

• Shame we won't be facing the elusive Dave Tarpey, he scored 19 goals for Bracknell last season but has just signed for Leatherhead.

• Carshalton Athletic

Cheltenham Town

Bristol City

Charlton Ath

All had a Robin on their badge at various times.

• edited May 2022

Lol I was being facetious, but that 'modern' robin does pop up quite a lot. King's Lynn's linnet looks pretty much the same.

• I hope they get another local game as there are a few teams & grounds they could play at. Teams like Slough, Maidenhead, Flackwell Health, Berko etc. Granted they won't be much of a challenge, a packed ground for these clubs could set them up for the season!

• Having a Robin on the badge and "that exact same badge" aren't the same thing. It's the modern world I know ...

• Frome Town

• Bridgewater United

• This would have been the ideal pre-season for me. A short walk from home, with an added bonus of a decent bar with a real ale selection. Sadly, now due to I suspect to the greed element, the old Bracknell ground is empty, awaiting planning permission I assume. Instead I have to walk 6 miles across Swinley Forest, ducking the shells from the military on Sandhurst Ranges, before emerging at the soulless SB Ground. Bring back Loakes Park I say.

• I think I saw my first ever Sunday football game at Bracknell back in the days when hardly anything was allowed to happen on Sundays.

seem to remember an early afternoon kick-off as well all of which was very strange at the time.

All due to the three-day week I think*

*for those of you too young to remember don’t worry, we seem to be revisiting the past so I’m sure it will come around again soon

• Away to Chesham on Friday 29th July

• Expect A. Trialist and all of his extended family to be playing in that one then...

• Looks like our development squad, will be playing at the Meadow in Amy Lane twice in pre season.

As we are down to play Chesham Utd and Aylesbury United.