Skip to content

Heartbroken, but proud.

This is a special group of players, with a fantastic manager, and a great base of support. It's a family.

Can't describe my feelings other than saying that I'm heartbroken, but proud. Each and every player gave their all today and whilst the standard may have not been at the level we've seen so much this season, we showed glimpses of what we can do and have been doing to get to this position.

It's been a long season, but a huge one for the club, one that's breathed life into football in Wycombe once more. Sad to think that we may have seen the last of a few players today, but optimistic also to think that there's more to come from our younger lads who would have learnt the hard way today.

I for one will treasure this season, no matter the result today. So many high points, from Murphy's winner at Oxford, Alfie's stunner at Luton and Hayes being ice-cool from the spot against Exeter, this has surpassed all of our expectations and I hope each player realises the role they've played in giving the fans the chance to dream again.

On to next season, where we should press on and use today as a catalyst, not something to fear or regret.

Comments

• @Jonny said:
    This is a special group of players, with a fantastic manager, and a great base of support. It's a family.

Can't describe my feelings other than saying that I'm heartbroken, but proud. Each and every player gave their all today and whilst the standard may have not been at the level we've seen so much this season, we showed glimpses of what we can do and have been doing to get to this position.

It's been a long season, but a huge one for the club, one that's breathed life into football in Wycombe once more. Sad to think that we may have seen the last of a few players today, but optimistic also to think that there's more to come from our younger lads who would have learnt the hard way today.

I for one will treasure this season, no matter the result today. So many high points, from Murphy's winner at Oxford, Alfie's stunner at Luton and Hayes being ice-cool from the spot against Exeter, this has surpassed all of our expectations and I hope each player realises the role they've played in giving the fans the chance to dream again.

On to next season, where we should press on and use today as a catalyst, not something to fear or regret.

Totally agree well said.