Skip to content

Wanderers TV - Playoff final

Will the final be televised on Wanderers TV or just SkySports? Last time I'm pretty sure it was on both.

Comments

• Sky only, I would think. Oxford was only Sky, as I remember the debate over trying to sync up @bluntphil's commentary from the radio broadcast.

• Just Sky I’m afraid. The commentary will be available on WanderersTV and BBC3CR.
    COYB!

• Thanks for the update gents. Is that the same if I'm abroad I take it?

• edited May 2022

Yes, because other overseas providers will have the TV rights.

• Will Phil be the best dressed commentator to ever call the action at Wembley? I’m sure they’ll have never seen a green Mardi Gras shirt in the media suite before!

• I assume the Mardi Gras is out following the 1-0 defeat at MK?

• @arnos_grove said:
    I assume the Mardi Gras is out following the 1-0 defeat at MK?

Very good point and I had actually forgotten that we lost the game on the night.

• I’m sure those in the immediate vicinity of Phil and Rob will be delighted the shirts are in the wash!

• @Bacon_Sandwich said:
    Thanks for the update gents. Is that the same if I'm abroad I take it?

The TV rights are sold overseas too so depending on where you are, a local broadcaster may carry the game. The streets, bars and cafes of Vipienne are set for a quiet few weeks until next season.

@arnos_grove said:
    I assume the Mardi Gras is out following the 1-0 defeat at MK?

It's been decided that the shirts ride on as the semi-final was a victory over the two legs!

@Gary said:
    Will Phil be the best dressed commentator to ever call the action at Wembley?

Quite possibly, although all round top chap Barnesy of BBC Newcastle is always very well turned out.

• Imagine 20,000+ Chairboys wearing the green shirt - what a sight that would be.

• @Bacon_Sandwich said:

These were the international tv partners for the semi final, I'm assuming they're the same for the final: https://www.wwfc.com/news/2022/may/06/how-to-watch--mk-dons-vs-wycombe/

• @Gary said:
    Imagine 20,000+ Chairboys wearing the green shirt - what a sight that would be.

It would be like being at Home Park, no thanks.

• @perfidious_albion said:

@Gary said:
    Imagine 20,000+ Chairboys wearing the green shirt - what a sight that would be.

It would be like being at Home Park, no thanks.

It would be the only way to see a green army at Wembley though.

• @floyd said:

@Bacon_Sandwich said:

These were the international tv partners for the semi final, I'm assuming they're the same for the final: https://www.wwfc.com/news/2022/may/06/how-to-watch--mk-dons-vs-wycombe/

Nothing in Greece unfortunately. I chose the wrong time to go work in Athens for a couple of months.

I have found one sports bar where they said they will show it. It will be interesting to see if there are any Sunderland supporters here.