Skip to content

Gutted for bloomers and woody

What an incredible season, I am so proud of the whole team.

I am gutted for bloomers and woody two totally dedicated players who couldn't do more for the team if they tried.

Heads up boys everyone is behind you.

Wycombe till I die!!

Comments

• Particularly so for Matt in his testimonial season.

• So sad that there are a couple of cretinous brothers in the Facebook group slagging off Bloomfield for his miss. I remember thinking that when he stepped up that if anyone has to miss one, please don't let it be him. Gutted at the way it ended today, and in particular for Bloomfield and Wood who have given so much. We will bounce back from this.

• edited May 2015

Just a couple of overly emotional, upset kids by the looks of it. You'll get a few like that. I think it's been heartwarming to see the response of 99% of the fans to be honest. Makes me proud to be a fan of such a great club.

• Their goalie was a complete tool , anyone can miss the pressure is immense, every player should be proud. An injury in the first minute had a big bearing on the result onwards and upwards.

• Everyone should be proud of our team's performances this year. Everyone from the Manager down has brought back pride to the Chairboys. Only 12 more weeks to wait for the start of another great season . COYB

• edited May 2015

Got a feeling those brothers (in their late 30s maybe 40s!) were sat in front of me, over the course of 120 minutes they and their even less intelligent friend managed to bellow "useless f***ing c***" at every single one of the Wycombe players. This, despite the fact that there were very young kids just a couple of seats away.

Embarrassing stuff.

• Bloom's and Woody need no worry real fans know they did their best under the pressure. It's fzxkijg easy sitting in the stands, hey cretins.

• It's a mega shame that it was those two. Probably the two that give everything and more when they put on the famous WWFC shirt!

• Amazed their keeper didn't get a yellow card for his gamesmanship during the penalties, especially when he strolled around the back of the net checking the net like he was the linesman pre-match. Still, I suppose it's the kind of thing where we would find it hilarious if it was us doing it!

• Are they our two longest-serving players? I can only think of Matt McClure, who may have been in the first team squad longer than Woody.

• @Kadoogan - ah come on, us complaining about gamesmanship? Bit rich. And you could see both players' teams sledging for all they were worth as they passed each other en route to take the next penalty.

• Wasn't saying we don't use gamesmanship as well. We do it way too much for my liking, but the goalkeeper was pretty blatant!

• Was blatant but would like to think Ingram would as well.If Ingram was playing I think we would have won the pen shoot out..

• The way I look at it is the penalties are a lottery, you could see that by the way GA and Orange Phil were talking to each other when the pens were going on. Woody and Blooms are two of this clubs best servants so chin up boys, no blame, in fact you both should be proud of what you contributed to the most successful points haul in the club's history.

• Guts to take a pen. No guts for people to have a pop at bloomers on the net. Keyboard warriors. Hoping to bump into them next season

• Certainly not here to have a go or blame anybody, but I would like to know what was going on when Blooms first went to take his penalty, got called back and then Hayes went instead before Blooms took the next one. More often than not when that happens the player called back ends up missing.

Also agree with the comments about Southend's keeper. Not fussed by his antics with the net, but the way he was mouthing off to our players every time was a disgrace. Lots of people sitting near me were yelling at the ref to stop it, but obviously he did nothing.

I was, and I still am, genuinely more sorry for both Blooms and Woody than I was disappointed about losing. Utterly horrible situation.

• A mate I took to the game, (he came to the Luton, Southend, Morecombe & Plymouth playoff home games), made an unusual observation & comment to me after the Southend player missed his penalty. He turned to me and said, "never let a left footer take a penalty". As it transpired two of the three penalties not scored were taken by left footers, is he a wise sooth sayer or was it a good guess?

• @LeagalBlue I thought it was a rule that the first five penalty takers are notified to the ref and must go in that order, so I assume Matt just jumped the gun. What worried me more about the shootout was when we went ahead in it. Whenever a team takes an early lead in a shootout there seems to be a high chance that they go on to lose it. I have no stats to back it up, but ever since the thought occurred to me ages ago, it seems to happen on a very regular basis. Obviously I was praying like mad to be wrong on this one.

• Bloomfields penalty ended up being the key as if it had gone in then southend would of been under a hell of pressure. Alas it did not. It a game of luck.

On Southends keeper, the refs should really clamp down on this, as it ruins a great spectacle. Fair play to lynch, dignity to just be fair and sporting.