Skip to content

Attendance Prediction / Discussion - 2021/22 Play Off Semi 2nd Leg - Sun 8th May

I need to ask approval for this - to not run an attendance prediction thread for this game.

The seat snatching franchise have behaved very shabbily.

So what I want to do is treat this game differently and ask people to predict just the number of empty seats - defined as 30,530 [the capacity on mk's website] minus the official attendance [BBC figure if there are any discrepencies]. Deadline will be kick off - don't think there is a possibility of counting all the empty seats.

Scores will count towards the season long competition, as looking forward to the future there may be a big Wembley attendance to predict.

Comments

• I reckon 20202

• 16,111 empty plastic seats

• 17330 soulless spaces

• 18000 seats reserved for VIPs

• I predict a plastic club not selling enough plastic seats to away fans.
    A shitty decision by a shitty "club"

• 15,500 empty seats

• 17,777 empty seats

• 16,989 of them going mouldy with disuse.

• Totally in favour of the change. I’ll forgo my chance of clinching the title nonetheless.

Whilst I will be there I’ll also be fighting the bile from the moment the concrete bowl comes into view. COYB!

• I’ll go for 15011 empty seats

• The County is ours, the County is ours, we’re Wycombe Wanderers and the County is ours.

My sources tell me they could have as many as 19000 empty seats tomorrow

• 16789 empties.

• 17890 plastic seats standing sadly to saute a real Bucks EFL team.

• Are you suggesting they’re going to have us on toast @ValleyWanderer ?

• Probably betraying my culinary shortcomings there!

• Ha ha, no just sadly standing to attention instead of horizontal with a bum on!

• Sauté = salute ?!

• Oh gosh.....auto spell...darn it! Hope you're well @micra.

• I’m fair to middling, thanks. Lunches out are about as good as it gets now and I’ll be in touch with you and one or two others over the coming weeks/months to invite you to join us. Hope you and ‘your good lady’ are keeping well.

• We are indeed Mike and thank you.

• 14569 Wasted seats

• Although I went with my heart, I have visions of winkleman appearing in my village (we live in Beds about 10 miles south of MK) this afternoon hurling bundles of free tickets out the window of his car. Although I’ve only met one franchise supporter in the village in 6 years now I come to think of it. And he never goes to a match.

• Just to let everyone know, we've got about 45 mins til kick-off so now is the time to get your guesses in :) COYB!

• EFL rules do not permit free tickets for play off matches.

• Sky sports say there is around 13.000 fans in a stadium that can hold 30,000.

• 13,012 was the actual attendance, so 17,518 sitting forlornly unused by my reckoning.

• edited May 2022

Fifteen predictions for the number of empty seats in Stadium MK. Using their website's capacity figure of 30530, 17,518 is the shameful figure for empty or missing seats.
    Here are the top five for our predictions

1 @a40 whose prediction of 17330 was out by 188
    2 @DJWYC14 whose prediction of 17777 was out by 259
    3 @ValleyWanderer whose prediction of 17890 was out by 372
    4 @wendoverman whose prediction of 18000 was out by 482

Many congratulations to @40 who was closest to the number. You were very close to being within 1%.

Nobody had a prediction was close enough to affect scores in the season long competition, which seems aptly fitting.
    Suprisingly the majority of us actually underestimated the number of empty seats that there would be. Our average prediction for the number of empty seats was 16660, which seems oddly fitting.

I did a small statistical exercise - official capacity figures are not easily obtainable and do vary according to the source. I would be possible to use "approximate licensed capacity 9437 for Wycombe and put us top of the table.

Seeing as the game was very important to all four clubs, I thought others might find this table interesting -

Club Ground Capacity Play Off Crowd % Full
    Sunderland 49000 44742 91.31%
    Wycombe 10137 8987 88.66%
    Sheffield Weds 39732 32978 83.00%
    franchise 30530 13012 42.62%