Skip to content

Season Tickets 2022/23

I noticed a huge banner last night, hanging under the Frank Adams, announcing that Season Tickets were now available for 2022/23, but apart from the rolling monthly subscription package, there doesn't seem to be anything on the Offal about renewing/purchasing an Annual ST. Have I missed something?

Comments

• @adamspark said:
    I noticed a huge banner last night, hanging under the Frank Adams, announcing that Season Tickets were now available for 2022/23, but apart from the rolling monthly subscription package, there doesn't seem to be anything on the Offal about renewing/purchasing an Annual ST. Have I missed something?

They said there would be more info out soon but if you're on subscription it just rolls on and won't go up if we do.

• It wouldn't be a bad moment to open it up now would it.

They can gamble and wait until after MK, or..well we won't say it to not jinx it...but last night takes some beating.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@adamspark said:

They said there would be more info out soon but if you're on subscription it just rolls on and won't go up if we do.

A mate does this, and said you can't opt out in year 1.

But can you opt out in say end of May in Year 2? i.e. be paying the £40 a month, not have to pay the 2 non playing months, and then get back on it? i.e. cut off 20% of the fee, as I believe there's no markup for paying in this way?

Surely there's not a loophole on that?

• @Malone said:

But can you opt out in say end of May in Year 2? i.e. be paying the £40 a month, not have to pay the 2 non playing months, and then get back on it? i.e. cut off 20% of the fee, as I believe there's no markup for paying in this way?

I guess if you did that you would be contracted for a minimum 12 months again, so you'd definitely be paying the following summer. So it's a bit of a one-trick deal, although technically possible.

• @arnos_grove said:

@Malone said:

I guess if you did that you would be contracted for a minimum 12 months again, so you'd definitely be paying the following summer. So it's a bit of a one-trick deal, although technically possible.

We'd have been a bit worried if we'd spotted a loophole in 2mins of thinking about it :D
    So it's good to hear there is a bit more logic to it.

I suppose the bit I wouldn't like is seeing £40 going out through the summer months when you're not getting games for it, but anything that gets more people in and paying for it in different financial circumstances is to be applauded.

• @Malone said:

@arnos_grove said:

@Malone said:

We'd have been a bit worried if we'd spotted a loophole in 2mins of thinking about it :D

I suppose the bit I wouldn't like is seeing £40 going out through the summer months when you're not getting games for it, but anything that gets more people in and paying for it in different financial circumstances is to be applauded.

It's exactly that summer cost that puts me off. The per-monh deal definitely sounds nice until you consider that element. Would be nice if they put on some pre season games that subscribers would have included

• @therabbittest said:

@Malone said:

@arnos_grove said:

@Malone said:

It's exactly that summer cost that puts me off. The per-monh deal definitely sounds nice until you consider that element. Would be nice if they put on some pre season games that subscribers would have included

It's just spreading it out a bit and reducing the monthly

• It’s just like paying your Gas/Electric by direct debit. You don’t use half as much in the summer but pay the same as you do in the middle of winter

• @bookertease said:
    It’s just like paying your Gas/Electric by direct debit. You don’t use half as much in the summer but pay the same as you do in the middle of winter

Not necessarily! Some companies have two monthly direct debit rates: one for the 6 colder months of the year, and one for the 6 warmer ones.

• @adamspark said:

@bookertease said:
    It’s just like paying your Gas/Electric by direct debit. You don’t use half as much in the summer but pay the same as you do in the middle of winter

Not necessarily! Some companies have two monthly direct debit rates: one for the 6 colder months of the year, and one for the 6 warmer ones.

Some will also replace your boiler but I wouldn't expect that from a season ticket either

• @StrongestTeam said:

@adamspark said:

@bookertease said:

Some will also replace your boiler but I wouldn't expect that from a season ticket either

Can we not demand new players once we are signed up?

• @Wendoverman said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@adamspark said:

@bookertease said:

Can we not demand new players once we are signed up?

You can demand a free boiler if you like

• Interest free and no need to find £400 in one hit - can't think why anyone with a ST wouldn't use it.

• @arnos_grove said:
    Interest free and no need to find £400 in one hit - can't think why anyone with a ST wouldn't use it.

If you have the money handy, surely it's far easier to pay it in one go, then it's forgotten about? That's a reason.

• @therabbittest said:

@Malone said:

@arnos_grove said:

@Malone said:

Surely you’d have to give those games to people who pay annually as well?

Both types of season ticket pay the same over 1 year.

• @Malone said:

@arnos_grove said:
    Interest free and no need to find £400 in one hit - can't think why anyone with a ST wouldn't use it.

If you have the money handy, surely it's far easier to pay it in one go, then it's forgotten about? That's a reason.

True, but you could also keep the money handy and earn 0.1% interest on it, ending up quids in!

Or if you died outside of the minimum contact period, your executor could cancel it, leaving £££s for your Estate!

• @Malone said:

@arnos_grove said:

If you have the money handy, surely it's far easier to pay it in one go, then it's forgotten about? That's a

Doesn't it make more sense to buy a new boiler with the money?

• I started paying for my season ticket monthly before subs were even a thing but it seems that means I am already a subscriber...which is nice. As I am paying Sam Vokes' wages I demand to know if he will be with us next year!

• @Malone said:

@arnos_grove said:

You might have the money handy when they go on sale, what if your car breaks down the following month?

• @Malone said:

@arnos_grove said:

I would agree with you there @Malone but sadly most of the time, even eating cheap own brand crisps and putting another jumper on, I never seem to have the full amount required in one go.

• @arnos_grove said:

@Malone said:

@arnos_grove said:

True, but you could also keep the money handy and earn 0.1% interest on it, ending up quids in!

Or if you died outside of the minimum contact period, your executor could cancel it, leaving £££s for your Estate!

Where are these 0.1% savings rates available.
    One of my banks put a rate down to 0.01%!

• @mooneyman said:

@Malone said:

@arnos_grove said:

If you have the money handy, surely it's far easier to pay it in one go, then it's forgotten about? That's a

Depends if it's the winter or summer rate.
    From erm what I follow of the earlier exchanges :)

• @Wendoverman said:

@Malone said:

@arnos_grove said:

I would agree with you there @Malone but sadly most of the time, even eating cheap own brand crisps and putting another jumper on, I never seem to have the full amount required in one go.

I've met your type before.
    All your unbelievable wad tied up in sky high property value, but barely a dime for biscuits.

• Most of the time my finances are indeed unbelievable...

• edited May 2022

@mooneyman said:

@Malone said:

@arnos_grove said:

I'm going hovver just above the level of 1970s comics talking about the old boiler and what they'd chose to spend the money on

• @StrongestTeam said:

@mooneyman said:

@Malone said:

@arnos_grove said:

I'm going hovver just above the level of 1970s comics talking about the old boiler and what they'd chose to spend the money on

Not really above, I fear.