Skip to content

Scott Kashket leaving Crewe

Return to Adams Park? Josh Scowen has proved he can do the business in his second spell at the club. Scottie was being asked to play left wing-back by Artell at Crewe. Would strikers like Kevin Phillips ever been asked to play left-wing back?!!!

Comments

• Didn't Kevin Phillips start as a full back ?

• @ChasHarps Didn’t end as one!!!!

• I’ve no idea why Scott Kashket is so out of favour but I can’t see him coming back to Wycombe whilst GA is in charge.

• Me neither.

If he was the level of player you could build a team around, then maybe, but I wouldn’t say that he is.

He was good for us when he was here, but I don’t really see a reason to go back.

• What's the obsession with us resigning any ex player? We released him on a free because he couldn't get on the bench....

• There's always a place for a Kashket style nippy striker who can set the place buzzing and nick a goal but I think we'll again be pleasantly surprised at the quality we can attract in the summer and I'd only really expect him to get another shot at being near our first team if he'd gone somewhere else and got a hatful of goals.
    I see he was played out of position, he was in late games for us, but question wether that would happen if he'd been smashing them in from all angles in training.
    Even late on there was a real buzz about the place when he came on but some of that is due to memories, he was an out and out striker who needs to either go somewhere and score lots straight away like he did here or develope his game defensively or creatively.

• Will be following his career with interest, shame it didn't work out for him at Crewe. He probably needs to drop down to a mid-table League 2 club to be a main man for someone. Hopefully he will get his confidence back as he was a great servant for Wycombe.

• Had a dreadful injury wrecked time at Crewe, but I'd hoped he would get the chance to stay and batter league 2.
    Hope he doesn't have to drop to non league as that's a waste of his abilities.
    He can be a real force in league 2 alongside a targetman

• Kashket needs a club and a manager who understands his strengths and manages his injuries well. Not sure how many clubs that leaves but he’s proven he can be an asset at a club if looked after. Good luck to him

• @micra said:
    I’ve no idea why Scott Kashket is so out of favour but I can’t see him coming back to Wycombe whilst GA is in charge.

Most of his effective games here were when he was paired with Bayo. Probably would have been similarly successful alongside Vokes. Injuries have probably now taken their toll on Kashket.

• He's only about 25, and I don't think it takes too much understanding to get his strengths does it?

He'd be a great signing for many a league 2 team. Even in these days of hipster formations, surely league 2 has many a 4-4-2 big man short/pacey man combos?

• @Malone said:
    He's only about 25, and I don't think it takes too much understanding to get his strengths does it?

He'd be a great signing for many a league 2 team. Even in these days of hipster formations, surely league 2 has many a 4-4-2 big man short/pacey man combos?

It's a bit chicken and egg, he burst on to the scene here so quickly and so well that you'd be happy at that time to let him go and do whatever he wants, but he scored 9 in 9 at the start and outside of that his goalscoring record for a natural scorer is actually pretty poor, 22 total Career goals, only 2 not for us. 1 in 15 for Crewe in a poor side out of position doing bits here and there around injuries is understandable but it won't inspire anyone to build around him or give him starts.

• It's a real shame. I think once he finds a berth with a manager that rates him and plays him he will do well...but I suppose managing the hip problem is also an issue.

• Sorry and with no disrespect to Scott He is now not good enough for our current team. We have moved on. Wish him all the best possibly at league two or National League level ?