5. Sam Vokes: 5.92

Total MOTM awards:
1. Josh Scowen - 8 (incl. 1 shared)
2=. Chris Forino - 5
2=. Brandon Hanlan - 5
4. Anthony Stewart - 4
5. Joe Jacobson - 4 (incl. 1 shared)

Some of my favourite stats:

1. Forino managed to come 4th in total votes (won tiebreaker over Hanlan owing to games played) despite starting just 13 games. His votes per start statistic comes in at a whopping 15.84, though he did not meet the minimum of 20 starts to qualify for the win.

2. Bayo had 20.33 votes per start, but just 3 starts.

3. There was only one game all season where every starting player received at least one vote...the very last one! Burton away.

To summarize, Josh Scowen lapped the field in the end. To come in 417-249 over Vokes in second is astounding. Scowen was a model of consistency, usually scoring chunks of votes in any match he started, and finishing 3 MOTM trophies ahead of the field to boot. Though Forino would have run him close with a full season, and both Vokes and McLeary are more than worthy of consideration, Josh Scowen is my Player of the Season.

Comments

• I remember very early in the season when we thought McCleary was going to run away with it, for Scowen to get so far out in front shows just how consistently excellent he was all season. Amazing showing from Forino in his first ever professional season.

• I’m so pleased that I chose to be Josh’s shirt sponsor, loved his quality and commitment from the first time I saw him play.

• You just knew it would be Josh as soon as we re-signed him. That guy is built for Wycombe. Outstanding season and I'm so happy he's back.

• Are his pockets big enough to keep Scott Twine in?

• @Wendoverman said:
    Are his pockets big enough to keep Scott Twine in?

I expect that job will fall to Gape, as it did when he effectively man marked Bannan against Sheffield Wednesday.

• Twine's a forward isn't he?

• @drcongo said:
    Twine's a forward isn't he?

Yes, I suppose I was thinking he might stop him getting forward. :smile:

• @drcongo said:
    Twine's a forward isn't he?

Tends to play on the left of a front 3 but can also play in a 2 as he did v Plymouth. Just try not to give them free-kicks in range - he's scored 6 this season...

• So long as we keep pulling at his thread we'll be OK. Looking forward to Forino tying him in knots.

• Wasn't so long ago he was a second stringer.

• I think he'll be key to MK unravelling.

• Forino forever.

• I’m not sure we will man mark a striker?

• @micra said:
    Forino forever.

Premier League player in two years.

• Thrillingly, you can all relive the granular numbers behind Josh Scowen's season MOTM triumph, thanks to the new document upload option. Take all the time you need - it's not like we are playing at Wembley in less than two days!