Skip to content

Attendance Prediction / Discussion - 2021/22 Play Off Semi Home Leg - Thurs 5th May

Our season continues so I will continue the 'Tour de Season' Attendance Prediction Competition.

Slight variation to the rules because the Playoffs are their own thing -

Changed Deadline for Predictions Midnight on Weds 4th May
I think that there will be actual figures published for tickets sold during the day of the game and that the clubs are right to do so. I want to preserve a bit of the element of it being a prediction game hence the earlier deadline.

Sell Out Rule - if the game is announced as a complete sell out by the clubs media then predictions made after that time will not count.

I know there are people who may not attend or predict because of the nature of the opposition whose name I haven't mentioned.

I go:

9240 with 1860.

Comments

• 8999 with 1849 plastiques

• Should this part of the season only be open to the Top 6

Only kidding. My next prediction will be the final

• I will predict. 9159 with 1821 who should know better.

• 9350 with 1800

• 9026 with 1805 bitter plastics

• 8910 including 1817 MK customers.

• 8,800 with 1800 away.

• 9,369 (1,835 not supporting Wycombe)

• a40a40
    edited May 2022

9150 including 1845 with no shame

• 9,280 with 1,840 fake Dons.

• 9002 with 1776 cockwombles

• 9,106 including 1,836 away

• 9432 with 1821 fans without honour

• 9234 (1845)

• 9325 with 1625 away fans

• 9292 with 1865 away please

• 9281 with 1829 Franchise

• 9,394 including 1,856 people who never supported Bletchley Town.

• 9393 with 1818

• 9333 with 1829 visitors

• Good job I stumbled on here at a few minutes to midnight by chance and saw the revised deadline. Foul play I tell you!

9201, all supporting Wycombe. Who else would they be there for?

• And on that happy note, so say all of us. Bonne nuit.

• 9345 with 1857

• Deadline Passed

@railwaysteve said:

Slight variation to the rules because the Playoffs are their own thing -

Changed Deadline for Predictions Midnight on Weds 4th May
    I think that there will be actual figures published for tickets sold during the day of the game and that the clubs are right to do so. I want to preserve a bit of the element of it being a prediction game hence the earlier deadline.

Arbirtary Rule I know and I am sorry if it has diminshed anyones day.
    It does look like the attendance will be knowable or close to knowable sometime today.

I have to be busy elsewhere today and this evening.
    Good luck and good voice and please savour the moment to all those there and watching elsewhere.

• It's just been announced, as a sell out

• Official figure was 8,987 with 1,845 away (so not one of my better guesses).

• So a sold out game with a lower attendance than the previous match that wasn’t sold out….

It’s a funny old game…..

• There seems to be 450 seats "missing" from the official capacity of 9446. It was the same against Weds, when the twitter account announced they'd sold 8000 but only 1000 left to buy online...

• The explantion may be with the different way season tickets would have been counted. It may be interesting if there is an official explanation because it would help us forecast! But if there isn't I think it will be a slightly disappointed shrug of the shoulders for me.

• POssibly more likely to be Sky TV needs and league sponsors etc eating into capacity
    Anyway all part of the game I guess.
    Odd that still don't really know the capacity of the ground for a regular match!