Skip to content

Wycombe Wordle Number 2

Remember folks, feel free to post your score on here but don’t give the answer away!

Answer to Wycombe Wordle Number 1 was SCOTT.

https://mywordle.strivemath.com/?word=owows

Comments

• Must be my lucky day

Wordle guessed in 1/6!
    Can you do better?
    Try this wordle: https://mywordle.strivemath.com/?word=owows

?????

mywordle

• I do the NY Times daily Wordle but would like to add this one as well. Is it based on words associated with the Wanderers? I tapped on @Twizz’s link but wasn’t sure if the grid that appeared was ‘primed’ ready to play.

• @micra yes it’s Wanderers related, I’ll try probably do 1 per week, a little easier as I believe I can make it longer than 5 letters to open the answers out a little bit!

• Ah, just realised. That was yesterday. I’ll wait for today’s to be posted.

• @micra said:
    I do the NY Times daily Wordle but would like to add this one as well. Is it based on words associated with the Wanderers? I tapped on @Twizz’s link but wasn’t sure if the grid that appeared was ‘primed’ ready to play.

@micra said:
    I do the NY Times daily Wordle but would like to add this one as well. Is it based on words associated with the Wanderers? I tapped on @Twizz’s link but wasn’t sure if the grid that appeared was ‘primed’ ready to play.

@micra said:

@micra said:

Sorry bout that. The technical issues seem to include a long delay between tapping ‘quote’ and the quote appearing - hence repeated attempts!

Forgotten why I needed to quote!

• Wordle Guessed in 5/6

• Got it in 3

• Still prevaricating after two unproductive stabs, using about 40% of the alphabet and only one measly gold letter. Resuming in the morning!

• Got it ! 5th guess.

• @carrickblue said:
    Got it in 3

Sure that op was on your heart @carrickblue ?! ?

• @micra said:
    Got it ! 5th guess.

? bet your kicking yourself that you had to sleep on it !

• It was a toughie.

• Just got NY Times Wordle in three with the pop-up comment “impressive”. Reason I do the NY Times version is because someone introduced me to Wordle three weeks ago and that happened to be the one I was shown. Addiction seems to be virtually instant.

• I really love Wordle and the Wycombe theme is brilliant. I hope @username123 won’t mind me posting this one for fun while waiting for number 3.

Can you guess this word?

https://wordlegame.org?challenge=amVzdXM

• @micra said:

@carrickblue said:
    Got it in 3

Must be the mile and half beach walks that are causing the grey cells to work @micra.

Though the better half may disagree. I took to car key on my stroll - she was left shivering after her sea dip with no access to towel or dry clothes. Not in the good books ?

• @carrickblue said:

@micra said:

@carrickblue said:
    Got it in 3

Must be the mile and half beach walks that are causing the grey cells to work @micra.

Though the better half may disagree. I took to car key on my stroll - she was left shivering after her sea dip with no access to towel or dry clothes. Not in the good books ?

I had a similar (but less dramatic) experience on Friday.
    Neither of our old bangers had been washed (let alone valeted) since 2019 so we drove the mile or so to Hazlemere Golf Club where one of those “temporary” hand car washing facilities was set up a few years ago.
    mrs micra went first so that I could drive her to the clubhouse about 100 yards away! I handed my car over and walked to the clubhouse - incredibly, the furthest I’ve walked for over 6 months. Looked forward to coffee and cake. Ordered a couple of cappuccinos. Cake? Not a slice. All consumed by mourners at a wake earlier in the day.

Little more than half an hour later, return to cars (verging on marathon now), coughed up the cash, pocketed the two keys and drove to the clubhouse. Picked up mrs micra, dropped her off next to her car and drove home. Thought of stopping at the Esso garage to check tyre pressures as commanded by a display on the dashboard but decided to leave it for yet another day.

Sat in car on drive listening to a particularly enjoyable piece of music, starting to worry why mrs micra had not appeared behind me. Open front door. Landline beeping. Long story short, I’d forgotten to hand over mrs micra’s ignition key. Quick drive back. Nearly 40mph at one point. Nice sunny afternoon, nice surroundings, a small foldable chair to sit on and the handsome young car wash proprietor chatting to her. What could be better? A temperature higher than 7 degrees and a less strong easterly wind, apparently.

Anyway, worse things happen at sea - as your better half would no doubt agree - and I think all is forgiven.

For the time being.

• @Onlooker said:
    I really love Wordle and the Wycombe theme is brilliant. I hope @username123 won’t mind me posting this one for fun while waiting for number 3.

Can you guess this word?

https://wordlegame.org?challenge=amVzdXM

Took me 4 guesses. But wary about the fourth because I’m not of that persuasion but then I remembered the Wanderers connection.

• @username123 said:
    @micra yes it’s Wanderers related, I’ll try probably do 1 per week, a little easier as I believe I can make it longer than 5 letters to open the answers out a little bit!

I missed your one a week comment earlier (as I suspect did @Onlooker. Like Diana Ross, he’s still waiting.