Skip to content

Burton game NOT on WanderersTV in UK & Ireland

Comments

• Allez, allez, allez!

• My first thought was 'damn and blast', but then I remembered it's always a couple of minutes behind the action so I'd likely be checking Sofascore constantly anyway. Anyone know if the WWTV audio stream is 'live' or slightly delayed?

• Fans will need to watch from an overseas location on WanderersTV.

Excellently crafted sentence.

• Paris for the weekend it is then.

• I'm going to be in County Durham all weekend ?, does that qualify as an "overseas location"?

• Is there still a possibility of this being picked up and shown by Sky, or have they already announced which League 1 game (if any) they are showing?
    I do not have Sky, so have no understanding of their normal offering of lower league games on a Saturday (not that the timings this weekend are normal).
    If it is not on Sky, I will have to emigrate temporarily.

• Gillingham v Rotherham and Plymouth v MK

• For anyone wanting to fly to Vipienne for the weekend...

1. Grab yourself a ticket, lots of people have had success flying with Windscribe Airways for free, alternatively I can personally recommend Mullvad Air for a little more luxury.
    2. Install the above and set your location to somewhere abroad with the shortest crow-flies distance to your actual location.
    3. Log on to www.wwfc.com and buy your match ticket.

That's it. No private tabs, cookie clearing, clean browsers, none of that.

• Just remember to have signed out of Wycombe tv first before doing the above :)

• Nope, you don't even need to do that.

• Sounds even better. (Although on mine i had to, but must have some different more clunky set up then!)

• Sky will show Gillingham v Rotherham (Main Event) and Plymouth v MK Dons (Skywith goal flashes from the other League One games.

• Also, if anyone has Norton 360, it comes with a secure VPN. Just look at My Norton (SECURE VPN), select 'VPN REGION' and 'TURN ON'. Voila!! Naturally, I'll actually be travelling to France to watch but hey!?

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    Also, if anyone has Norton 360, it comes with a secure VPN. Just look at My Norton (SECURE VPN), select 'VPN REGION' and 'TURN ON'. Voila!! Naturally, I'll actually be travelling to France to watch but hey!?

Yeah, that's what I use and it's surprisingly good for what's effectively a freebie!

• Since the launch of Wanderers TV I’ve had a far more reliable experience in Vipienne. Must use a different platform to ifollow. I still prefer Chrome and I still use a private browsing window.

• Last Saturday, (because we tested positive, so couldn't go the the game), I believe we were visiting a Walloon region of Belgium?

• Would St Peter Port Guernsey qualify for a non UK & Ireland location for Vipienne

• edited April 2022

@adamspark said:
    Would St Peter Port Guernsey qualify for a non UK & Ireland location for Vipienne

My guess is that Guernsey is part of the UK for these purposes but luckily enough it is but a short hop to St Vipienne sur Mer on the Cherbourg peninsular.

Edit to add: I'm not sure if @micra would agree but I have discovered St Vipienne to be the Patron Saint of fairly Quick Fixes.

• edited April 2022

Thanks @railwaysteve. My Virgin Superhub has all the required settings, so just debating now whether to try a free VPN first, or just take the 2yr deal with NordVPN.

• edited April 2022

NordVPN have extremely dodgy owners.

I was thinking of ExpressVPN

• So NordVPN are ok then? It says there's a 30day money back guarantee ...

• Mullvad are excellent and it is £5 a month no contract.

• The NordVPN has been working fine for me here in Vipienne-sur-Trent.

• NordVPN it is then, but only committing for a month in the first instance. Just hope it's as easy to use as I've been led to believe!

• Safely back in UK after a hassle free trip to Vipienne-op-zee, and return ticket booked.

• @adamspark said:
    Safely back in UK after a hassle free trip to Vipienne-op-zee, and return ticket booked.

Not much open I guess at this time of day but let's hope that your return trip has glorious sights to see.