Skip to content

Highest average attendance since 2002/03

edited April 2022 in Football

I'd be interested to see the split between the first and second 'half' (obvs you can't do it exactly) of the season, as that still seems pretty low. And how much higher do we reckon it would be in the Championship? 1,000+ more fans per game I reckon.

Comments

• I guess the 6 home midweek fixtures didn't help, is that a record number for 1 season?

• Given the number of midweek games we have this season and the effects of Covid which, not unreasonably, have probably put quite a few off attending large (ish) gatherings and the current cost of living crisis that is a rather pleasing statistic (if accurate and I’m not quite sure I trust official comma from the club on their accuracy…)

• @DJWYC14 said:
    I guess the 6 home midweek fixtures didn't help, is that a record number for 1 season?

Ah shit, yeah. But it's testament to the job Gaz and co. have done that we're competing on a level footing with the likes of Sunderland who average over 30k (and just goes to show badly mismanaged they've been).

• edited April 2022

Here's averages for the whole league (ours is correct here, so I assume they all are).

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Here's averages for the whole league (ours is correct here, so I assume they all are).

According to Twitter, this is how the league table table should look!

• Half a million more people at Sunderland matches to ours. That gate income should be an impossible advantage to over come.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Half a million more people at Sunderland matches to ours. That gate income should be an impossible advantage to over come.

And you can add at least 60,000 to that margin, given that the Sunderland aggregate is based on only 21 matches. Not sure why the number of home matches played varies as much as some of them do.
    Only 16 for Wimbledon, for example.

I’m slowly recovering from a slightly salacious ED ad that (if you’ll excuse the expression) suddenly popped up.

• @micra said:

@Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Half a million more people at Sunderland matches to ours. That gate income should be an impossible advantage to over come.

And you can add at least 60,000 to that margin, given that the Sunderland aggregate is based on only 21 matches. Not sure why the number of home matches played varies as much as some of them do.

I’m slowly recovering from a slightly salacious ED ad that (if you’ll excuse the expression) suddenly popped up.

Always be careful to spell the website name correctly ;)

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

An impossible advantage to overcome made very possible by Sunderland FC.

• @Last_Quarter said:

An impossible advantage to overcome made very possible by Sunderland FC.

And to be fair by the glorious nature of a sport where a stacked deck doesn’t always guarantee success.

• @Malone said:

@micra said:

Always be careful to spell the website name correctly ;)

Wot, www.worldfootball.net ??