Skip to content

Turning the sound down

No not the ridiculous music sound level in the Frank Adams stand yesterday….I just have to turn the sound right down when listening to Jamie Carragher, the same applies to the droning voice of Danny Gabbidon. The sound is turned off completely or switched over though when the hugely irritating Jonathan Pierce is commentating…..just won’t shut up reels off nothing but inane drivel that he thinks is interesting! Glasshalffull have a word please?

Comments

• I like all three of those

• Agreed on Pearce - mainly for his weird obsession with men on the posts - don't hear Gabbidon often enough to know either way, but Carra is great!

• mrs micra has been known to leave the room when Jamie Carragher is whining on. I just mute the sound. It’s remarkable how that improves the viewing experience as well.

• Not watching today's game, but did see a clip about him ranting about Richarlison, then at the end of it admits he might actually have been clipped :D

Some of these co-commentators need to at least try and pretend to keep it neutral.

• Carragher is an Everton fan

• As I have said before at the risk of hurting @glasshalffull's feelings who is commentating makes not a jot of difference to me...and the only pundit who really irritates me is Micah Richards...big character, big laugh, obviously popular with BBC sport hierarchy, but hardly any insight.

• Carragher was an Everton fan as a child but is certainly a Liverpool fan now and his commentary is very partisan towards Liverpool. Nothing necessarily wrong with that but to say he’s not supporting Liverpool is not the case.

• Jonathan 'he has to score from there' Pearce. By his reckoning, every game should be a 10 goal thriller.

• @Quarterman said:
    Carragher was an Everton fan as a child but is certainly a Liverpool fan now and his commentary is very partisan towards Liverpool. Nothing necessarily wrong with that but to say he’s not supporting Liverpool is not the case.

Who on earth even for a second could suggest Carragher isn't heavily Liverpool biased?!?

• He's just been on saying Liverpool got lucky and Everton should definitely have had a penalty

Anyway, you don't like him and you're right. And I do and I'm right as well. Not everyone likes the same things

• Who knew Eric plant was a secret Liverpool fan? Kept that quiet fair play

• @eric_plant said:
    He's just been on saying Liverpool got lucky and Everton should definitely have had a penalty

Anyway, you don't like him and you're right. And I do and I'm right as well. Not everyone likes the same things

Yup, he disgracefully through his red tinted glasses said it was a stonewall penalty to Everton.
    He's not very good to be fair but he seems like a decent chap. Souness is the one I don't get, awful hardman schtick from a pretty awful manager.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@eric_plant said:
    He's just been on saying Liverpool got lucky and Everton should definitely have had a penalty

Yup, he disgracefully through his red tinted glasses said it was a stonewall penalty to Everton.
    He's not very good to be fair but he seems like a decent chap. Souness is the one I don't get, awful hardman schtick from a pretty awful manager.

Decent chap when he's not flobbing at kids from his car :D

Souness is as rabid as they come, but doesn't half look slick for 70 does he! Like Clooney's older brother.

• Amazing teeth I couldn't help noticing

• @LX1 said:
    Amazing teeth I couldn't help noticing

Veeners.

• He spits at children through them too....

• Lovely bloke.

• Sorry, I misspelled inane, vile, piece of shit as "lovely bloke" there. Bloody autocorrect.

• Veeners @Malone ? Tried three times to write that. Autocorrect kept changing it to veneers. Bloody autocorrect.

• @micra said:
    Veeners @Malone ? Tried three times to write that. Autocorrect kept changing it to veneers. Bloody autocorrect.

Yes, veneers. Make your grizzled teeth look all lovely and white innit.