Skip to content

The Spanish Chairboy Crew

Absolutely fabulous to see them and to hear them, you're all very welcome.

Contributed to the atmosphere and a great result all round.

Hats off to everyone concerned, they spoke glowingly about the connectivity via the social media channels.

Well done to the club.

Comments

• Yes, absolutely brilliant bunch. Certainly added more than the sum of their parts to the atmosphere and made Mrs Valley Wanderer's day (and mine!). Welcome and very well done to all involved.

• They were brilliant, weren't they. Hope they can join us at Wembley next month.

• Made my day to have them there and to see them so passionate and supportive. Served a few in the bar beforehand, too. Nice people, it seemed.

Loved the scarf-waving and the apparent enthusiasm to join in with the terrace chanting.

• It was so bizarre, like suddenly having incredibly friendly ultras.

They were great

• Next time we have a big game we should have a whip round to bring them over again.

• @HCblue said:
    Made my day to have them there and to see them so passionate and supportive. Served a few in the bar beforehand, too. Nice people, it seemed.

Loved the scarf-waving and the apparent enthusiasm to join in with the terrace chanting.

Never thought of you as a barman @HCblue.

• @micra said:

@HCblue said:
    Made my day to have them there and to see them so passionate and supportive. Served a few in the bar beforehand, too. Nice people, it seemed.

Never thought of you as a barman @HCblue.

Have been helping out on the bars from time to time this season. Has been good fun.

• @drcongo said:
    Next time we have a big game we should have a whip round to bring them over again.

I would happily contribute, they were brilliant

• Love them hope they can get to more games in the future.

• Brilliant they were a highlight of the season. Everyone concerned have to be congratulated for developing the world wide fans idea may it go from strength to strength . Hopefully and from the interview I guess they are Rob and Pete are looking at more international partners.
    Off to work on my Spanish

• Was chatting to them walking back down Hillbottom Two young lads their English was excellent which is just as well because my Spanish is non-existent apart from hola

Absolutely lovely blokes. They fully intend to come back next season.

Couldn’t quite work out how they latched onto Wycombe Wanderers but perhaps others know the story behind that They were very impressed with Joe Jacobson

• I understand that La Media Inglesa, who organised the visit, wrote to all 72 EFL clubs at the beginning of last season about opportunities to work together and we were the only club to respond in Spanish (hats off to the media dept)

• Respect to the Spanish Chairboys. I liked the whirly scarf thing - I guess there are English clubs that do it, but I have never seen it.

I know it is more of a facebook group type of thing, but it looked a lot of fun. Could we do it?
    Would @bluntphil or anyone else have the resources / time / contacts to put a clip of what they are singing with the words in Spanish (and an English translation!)

I guess it is too short notice to organise another mass attendance for them if we reach the playoff final, I am up for making a contribution to helping making the next event for them well attended and just as much fun, whenever that occurs. I reckon I would want to sit near them if the club would let us know it advance where they were going to be. I know I have some scarfs that could be put to good use.

• @railwaysteve Newcastle spring to mind, I feel like Leeds do it too

• Once Russia are booted out of Ukraine, it would be great to see a Ukranian Chairboy Crew next season.

• @mooneyman said:
    Once Russia are booted out of Ukraine, it would be great to see a Ukranian Chairboy Crew next season.

POTD

• We could do that. Sadly, Russia aren't going to be booted out of Ukraine.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    We could do that. Sadly, Russia aren't going to be booted out of Ukraine.

Well their take over of Kiev didn't exactly go to plan did It !?

• I should have added 'any time soon' - they'll destroy what they're trying to take, but this is going to rumble on and on.

• But that doesn't stop the club from connecting with Ukrainians - I'm sure word of our kit and that initiative has reached them (a big English language Ukrainian football Twitter account picked up on it).

• Absolutely fabulous, perhaps next season the club could contact Ukrainians on a similar basis, anybody speak Ukrainian on the gas room?

The fella I spoke to was extremely complimentary as to how the club communicated via social media with our scarf-waving pals, a great initiative.

• 11 wins in a row? Haven’t checked but must be home games.

• @micra said:
    11 wins in a row? Haven’t checked but must be home games.

It's 11 unbeaten, not 11 wins. 7 wins, 4 draws since our last loss at Accrington

• One more to equal our best unbeaten run under Ainsworth (also went 12 unbeaten in 19/20 and 16/17)

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    One more to equal our best unbeaten run under Ainsworth (also went 12 unbeaten in 19/20 and 16/17)

I could have sworn we went 16 unbeaten before losing 4-3 to Spurs at WHL in 2017? I remember that chant being sung in the ground

• @WanderingDays said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    One more to equal our best unbeaten run under Ainsworth (also went 12 unbeaten in 19/20 and 16/17)

I could have sworn we went 16 unbeaten before losing 4-3 to Spurs at WHL in 2017? I remember that chant being sung in the ground

Ah sorry, unbeaten *league run!

• edited April 2022

Are they wearing next year's home shirt? Been trying to work out the brand name ...

• I believe it’s a shirt they have had done themselves with the clubs knowledge.
    ‘Nothing to see here’.

• It's actually quite a nice shirt