Skip to content

Man of the Match - Wimbledon

Who is your MOTM?

Poll not found

Comments

• Need to take Mehmeti out and replace him with McCleary @Shev

• Cheers @Vital - I can't edit the poll. Can anyone vote for Mehmeti if they want McLeary?

• I went for Gape as he was everywhere and put in some great tackles.

• A difficult one today, went with Obita though

• I thought Vokes was very disappointing today and that was our undoing. Will mull over the rest. Not an easy decision!

• Went for Scowen, his breakup play was essential in that game, but Obita is a fair shout. Other than that scuffed shot, Kaikai looked very good too.

• Impressed with Kai Kai. Most improved player.

• Good old Bayo, did exactly what was needed

• Went for Bayo purely because he got us a draw which we didn't look like getting. Sadly it will also probably be the last time I get to vote for this great man.

• Yeah, let’s go Bayo. Sorted.

• Neck and neck!

• @micra said:
      Neck and neck!

Bayo's got a bigger one!

• edited April 2022

Scowen by a country mile. The rest of them need to ask what went wrong today and look at their part in it.*

*Edit; excluding the subs.

• Went for Obita...but Scowen was excellent. Forino is also improving with every game.

• @robin said:
      I went for Gape as he was everywhere and put in some great tackles.

Same actually.
      Didn't think our usual big boys were at it. Maybe unsurprising after such a big one v Plymouth.

• Yeah, a few of our lot looked very tired. I went with Scowen who was his usual, high energy self. However, Gape was a monster with his tackles today - one of them clearly a revenge hit.

• Scowen was immense again today, with Gape a close second, followed by Vokes, Taff, Obita, GMac, Bayo & Kaikai in no particular order

• Gape was good as. well. Nice to have him back.
      Is it me or does Horgan duck at least one header a game? (He looks like he's going to jump but doesn't...)

• @Wendoverman said:
      Gape was good as. well. Nice to have him back.
      Is it me or does Horgan duck at least one header a game? (He looks like he's going to jump but doesn't...)

Horgan is just one of those short players who quite reasonably aren't very good in the air.

We're blessed with a couple of littluns like Gape and Scowen who vastly outleap their heights, so it's a real contrast.

• Its not Horgan's strength so why expect him to be good at it?

What he is good at is finding a good oulet pass releasing the forward players, switching play etc.

• It’s like complaining that Stocko doesn’t shoot enough.

• All right calm down everyone it was just an observation.

• @Wendoverman said:
      All right calm down everyone it was just an observation.

Just don't point out he never scores, assists or gets an accurate cross in. Only people who don't understand football say such thing ;)

• It's clearly the fashionable thing on this forum to say that Horgan is a great player and anyone who doesn't think that doesn't understand football

I'm willing to agree that his performances have been much better over recent weeks, but his end product is non-existent. On a day like yesterday when he didn't have his best game we may as well have had 10 men on the pitch

• It has nothing to do with fashion.

• @WanderingDays said:
      It's clearly the fashionable thing on this forum to say that Horgan is a great player and anyone who doesn't think that doesn't understand football

I'm willing to agree that his performances have been much better over recent weeks, but his end product is non-existent. On a day like yesterday when he didn't have his best game we may as well have had 10 men on the pitch

I remember similar sentiments about Wheeler in the season or so before, but I can't remember the last time someone saying he should be a regular now.

We really missed the mix of Mehmeti and Wing yesterday. If we miss out, that Gillingham game could well be the one that was most costly.

• edited April 2022

Scowen wins his 7th Gasroom MOTM award (next nearest has 5).

Scowen is also miles ahead in total votes for the season:

Top five:
      1. Scowen 374
      2. McLeary 240
      3. Vokes 240
      4. Hanlan 206
      5. Jacobson 185

So, Scowen has more than double the votes of JJ in 5th place.

The top three are all worthy to be in the conversation, but Scowen is very close to having sewn up POTS for me.