Skip to content

History being made today

Due to a twice delayed family wedding, I'm missing the easter games, as I'm sunning myself in the land of Tunnocks.
This weekend seems for the first time ever, That the Scottish semi finals are first the Edinburgh Derby, and on Sunday the old firm meet in the other semi.
Has this ever happened in the English game ?
A little teaser to finish off, whilst staying on the subject of teams out of Enland.
Which well documented striker scored his last ever goal for an English team against the Wanderers.

Comments

• We had the Sheffield Derby (Waddle, Bright,Hurst,Warhurst,Brian Deane etc) the day before the North London Derby (Gazza, Merson, Wright,Lineker) at Wembley I seem to remember 1991?

• edited April 2022

1993, so some of the North London names wrong, decent weekend though

• @ChasHarps said:
    Due to a twice delayed family wedding, I'm missing the easter games, as I'm sunning myself in the land of Tunnocks.
    This weekend seems for the first time ever, That the Scottish semi finals are first the Edinburgh Derby, and on Sunday the old firm meet in the other semi.
    Has this ever happened in the English game ?
    A little teaser to finish off, whilst staying on the subject of teams out of Enland.
    Which well documented striker scored his last ever goal for an English team against the Wanderers.

Glenn Murray

• Not the Answer I'm looking for.

• Nick Freeman?

• Not the answer, but that is true about Glenn Murray

• Then again, Glenn Murray only ever played for English clubs

• @StrongestTeam said:
    We had the Sheffield Derby (Waddle, Bright,Hurst,Warhurst,Brian Deane etc) the day before the North London Derby (Gazza, Merson, Wright,Lineker) at Wembley I seem to remember 1991?

I think this this (1993) was the first time both semis were played at Wembley.

• This football became more famous after his death.

• I'm going for Robin Friday then! Before my time, but he scored a couple for Reading in an FA Cup win at Loakes Park and he joined Cardiff at some point.

Super Furry Animals used a classic shot of him flicking the V at an opposition keeper for their brilliant single The man don't give a f*ck.

• Well done Mr @Wycombe85
    Robin Friday last goal for Reading was against us in the FA Cup, before he moved onto Cardiff City.

• @ChasHarps said:
    Well done Mr @Wycombe85
    Robin Friday last goal for Reading was against us in the FA Cup, before he moved onto Cardiff City.

He scored a single goal for Brentford in a pre season game in 78/79 after he left Cardiff.