Skip to content

Mini Cheddars

Comments

• @drcongo said:
    You’re all wrong. According to the Cube Rule, mini cheddars are toast. https://cuberule.com/

A single mini cheddar is toast, but a bowl of mini cheddars is nachos.

• Just had the Red Leicester variety from the vending machine at work @Ed_.

Very nice bag of crisps - a good upgrade.

• @arnos_grove whoever stocks your vending machine deserves a spot award, but tell me, were they next to the Doritos, the Jaffa Cakes or the shortbread?

• @Ed_ said:
    @arnos_grove whoever stocks your vending machine deserves a spot award, but tell me, were they next to the Doritos, the Jaffa Cakes or the shortbread?

Bottom left next to the regular mini cheddars. Next one along was something know as a 'porridge bar'. It sounds and looked atrocious.

• If someone asked me if I fancied a packet of crisps and handed me a packet of mini cheddars I’d kill them. Unless it was April the first.

• I may receive a lifetime ban for this but...I think mini cheddars are dry and cardboardy. Would rather have a Frazzle or, perchance, a scampi fry.

• Scampi Fry's leave a non politically correct aroma on your fingers.

• The bbq mini cheddars, in my opinion at least, are exceptional

But they're not crisps

• Furry pork scratchings are a delicacy these days in the bistros of Marlow I hear.

• I have no complaint with mini cheddars...they are a delicious snack but they are not crisps any more than TUC biscuits are.

• @micra said:
    If someone asked me if I fancied a packet of crisps and handed me a packet of mini cheddars I’d kill them. Unless it was April the first.

That seems a little bit of an over reaction. I may raise an eyebrow but to off someone, well you’re obviously a man who takes his savoury snacking seriously

• @MorrisItal_ said:

@micra said:
    If someone asked me if I fancied a packet of crisps and handed me a packet of mini cheddars I’d kill them. Unless it was April the first.

That seems a little bit of an over reaction. I may raise an eyebrow but to off someone, well you’re obviously a man who takes his savoury snacking seriously

Having been subject to the wrath of @micra on numerous occasions I have no doubt he would back up this stance. Luckily I'd be quite happy to keep the mini cheddars so the crisps are free to go.

• To paraphrase our domestic cheese loving Foreign Secretary, this thread is a DISGRACE!

I’m tooling up and joining @micra’s vigilante group. Sleep with one eye open cheesy cracker loving heathens.

• Coming from Flackwell Heath I have no problem with being called a heathen, but I won't take that sort of talk lying down when it comes to cheese. I consider my fetish for the curd to be the height of sophistication. BTW - Mini Cheddars / Leicesters are clearly biscuits, not even close to a crisp.

• edited April 2022

Well full-sized Cheddars are in the biscuit section of a supermarket

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Well full-sized Cheddars are in the biscuit section of a supermarket

Which are Ritz Crackers shurely?

• Comparing Ritz Crackers to Cheddars is like comparing the mental fortitude of a male and female footballer - only one of them is likely to crumble.

• Anyone remember the Ritz Cadbury bars? They were good.

• I’m not sure what they should be classified as, but as I tiptoed around the aisles of Tescos this evening I saw some mini cheddars on the shelf and purchased some. First time in years.

The power of the Gasroom!

• edited April 2022

Enjoy your crisps @bluntphil.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:

@MorrisItal_ said:

@micra said:

Having been subject to the wrath of @micra on numerous occasions I have no doubt he would back up this stance. Luckily I'd be quite happy to keep the mini cheddars so the crisps are free to go.

For a scary moment @Right_in_the_Middle i read that as ‘wraith’. Trust the grim reaper isn’t closing in just yet.

• @arnos_grove said:

If mini cheddars are crisps then Marmite is a jam. You see what madness you could unleash it would be the end of days .

• @MorrisItal_ said:

@arnos_grove said:

If mini cheddars are crisps then Marmite is a jam. You see what madness you could unleash it would be the end of days .

Mayonnaise is egg jam

• Mmm yeast jam.

• Yeast jam flavoured mini-cheddars would instantly become my favourite crisps.

• Marmite and melted cheese is pretty close to perfect.

• @Ed_ said:
    Marmite and melted cheese is pretty close to perfect.

@drcongo said:
    Yeast jam flavoured mini-cheddars would instantly become my favourite crisps.

Both of these! TBH Walkers Marmite Crisps have been my favourite for as long as they were available. They always seemed to sell out quickly too. Haven't seen them for a while sadly.

• Not read all this thread but here in NI the crisp manufacturer of choice is Tayto. Their speciality is Cheese and Onion. Not very exciting or different but very tasty.

HOWEVER, recently available is Tayto Cheese and Onion Chocolate Bars.

Yes chocolate with crushed up Cheese and Onion crisps in it.

It’s surprisingly nice

• It may finally be in man's power to create such a monstrosity @carrickblue the moral question is should he?

• When I eventually get to a game next season I’ll have to bring a few dozen bars to be sampled by the gasroomers