Skip to content

Man of the Match - Gillingham

Not exactly vintage Brazil this time.

Poll not found

Comments

• That’s a tough one. Will listen to comments and mull it iver

• Over even.

• Keep Ivor out of it!

• Went for Horgs, he was at the heart of everything good in the first half, and we were a disaster as soon as he went off. That might well be the worst sub of the season.

• Forino for me, stood up well all game against Oliver and made that clearance off the line.

• Forino for me as well. Stewart really has a serious challenger for his starting berth now.

• Mehmeti almost deserves it for how we played without him (aside from the goal).

• It's a Forino from me

• Horgan was really good and we slipped when he went off…was he injured? Vokes for me on the strength of the first half performance and the excellent goal.

• Horgan for me - we looked a shadow of our recent selves when he went off

• Tafazolli for me. Won pretty much every aerial duel - many were superbly directed and allowed us to keep possession. A captain's performance really. No question for me. Josh also very good as usual. Forino also very good, although ever so slightly less imperious in the air.

• Forino is much more than a central stopper. He reads the game really well and has pace and skill on the ball. I missed most of the first half but, not long after I tuned in, he went on a very impressive forward run, beating a couple of Gillingham players en route.

As I said at the time, I thought the ball crossed the line during that frantic goalmouth scramble but no one else on here appears to have thought so. For that reason, my vote goes Chris Forino-Joseph. Forino jolly good fellow.

• @micra said:
      Forino is much more than a central stopper. He reads the game really well and has pace and skill on the ball. I missed most of the first half but, not long after I tuned in, he went on a very impressive forward run, beating a couple of Gillingham players en route.

As I said at the time, I thought the ball crossed the line during that frantic goalmouth scramble but no one else on here appears to have thought so. For that reason, my vote goes Chris Forino-Joseph. Forino jolly good fellow.

I thought it crossed the line in real time, but after watching the replay I could not tell.

• This morning I can’t get the chant out of my head - “Forino’s jolly good fellow, Forino’s jolly good fellow, Forino’s jolly good fellow, and so say all of us!”.

• Full of adoration as I always am for what Horgan brings to our game, I've actually gone for Forino this time - not just for the clearance off the line but for how I think every game he is learning and improving and was up against a total shit stirrer yesterday, yet coped with him extremely well.